Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
wait what
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm pigmentation inept and I'm looking for input from others like me. Or anyone really. First a little background...

I am red green colorblind, however I have one of those more rare forms which doesn't allow me to distinguish between shades of color. So Red/green can look the same, as well as blue/purple, yellow/green, red/brown, Green/grey. And all of those are dependent upon the light, I have mixed up pink and blue. When I see a rainbow the only colors I see are blue and yellow, although it could be purple and green, I don't really know, but based on ROYGBIV I assume its blue and green.

Hell Hunter orange completely blends in with the trees for me. So I have to be extra careful with what I'm shooting at while hunting. Shapes are my go to, never color.

So what I'm looking for is a sight that wont disappear the second I move it over a similar color object. I.E. Red/green completely disappear for me the second I move them across a tree, regardless of daytime brightness. (don't shoot at night often and when I do color doesn't matter as)

The only optic I have found(so far) that has a color other than Red/green is Osprey Global, they have a blue reticle for the one scope I have bought from them. Its a rifle scope with a 3x9 zoom. What I would like is options for pistol. I'm not planning on mounting any kind of "scope" to the pistol just standard high viz sights.

So for all you other pigmentation inept people out there (or whomever really) what works best other than red/green?

·
Pusher of brooms
542 Posts
You might try one of the Yellow front sights from Meprolighr on your pistol.

Rifle optic? Having grown up before all the new fangled stuff came out, I was fond of a low power scope, no higher power than 4x with duplex crosshairs and a black dot in the center.

Had a Thompson Center scope that had that with the illuminated reticle, battery went dead and I forgot to swap it out, the dot was plenty.

Still have a BSA 4-12x with the same setup, again almost never use the illumination but the scope is a favorite. Have it on the AR, put the dot on what I want to hit. And a flashlight supplies enough light to use the black dot at night. Sometimes the moonlight is enough.

·
Eh kay vs eh are dood!
3,304 Posts
Get a pair of red/green color blind glasses off of ebay. I gave a pair to a friend a while back. For $40 they work great. You could wear them when you go shooting.

·
Third World'er Lunatic
16,245 Posts
https://www.opticsplanet.com/truglo...us-red-gre.html?_iv_code=TU-RD-3COLORD-195092
not the prettiest bell at the ball, but they work. had a earlier model for about 5 years. uses common battery available everywhere. battery is located under the copper emblem.
have shot it on 6 different caliber's 45/70 being the largest. no movement or dot bounce. now resides on a Odd 9mm PCC, perfect height to cowitness........
never ask me to pick paint. went to the paint store years ago, and asked for a gallon of brite yellow to paint a bedroom. turned out they gave me international yellow didnt know it till 3 years later when someone commented on it............

1 - 5 of 5 Posts