Survivalist Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Burris 332 on ar15s and 536 on ar10s. Burris is a good trade off between quality and affordability. Etched reticle so if the battery dies you’re still in business. Rugged. I standardized as much as I could, muscle memory, etc...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm on a tight budget so I got a sig romeo MSR and love it. $119 is the right price for me. I carry a spare battery in my grip and have BUIS co-witness sights for backup.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have experience with a few other. I have 2 Burris FF III's, one on a handgun and one on a Stribog sub gun. They are great, but they seem small and fragile for a battle rifle. Have a Vortex Strikefire on my 300 BLK, but I'm not fond of the control in a high stress environment. It's really boiling down to a Eotech, a AimPoint, or iron night sights. I'd love a ACOG, but $1,300 for sight that only last 5-7 years is not worth it.
I have an ACOG, have had it for at least 9 yrs and it still works. I’ve never read anywhere or been told that they only last 5-7, so not sure where you heard that info from. I paid $1130.00 from red dot scopes.com I believe. You could possibly buy used, I have a friend that got one on eBay for $700.00. And if for some reason there is something wrong with it, you can send them back to Trijicon and they will refurbish/rebuild it for you. Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am 75 years old and I had time to look at scopes. Originally I had an Eotech. The problem was my eyes were going and the Cataracts were killing my shooting. Eotech has no eyepiece focus (or diopter ) for the eyepiece to ensures the red dot reticle and crosshairs looks clear. I had to spend more to get the magnifier to get a Diopter...Then I got lucky. The Gov sued Eotech and won. So I was able to turn my Eotech back in during their refund program. So I decided to change direction...

Instead I bought a (originally on Amazon) Primary Arms SLx 1-8x24mm SFP Rifle Scope - Illuminated ACSS-5.56/5.45/.308...

Doing this allowed me shoot with my cataracts. I was surprised how well I was able to do with this scope. ...Fast Forward to 10 months ago. I had laser surgery on both eyes and now have new lens in both eyes. So I spend the summer testing my new eyes with this scope. Using my new build which included a 18" Black Hole Weaponry barrel 1:8 HBAR barrel, spikes lower and Geissele SSA Trigger. Using this build I shot .72 MOA( 5 shots) at 50 yards on 8X to test it out.

Over all the scope fit my instincts very well. The price point is excellent for what you get. I was surprised that 1X seem pretty close to being true. For me their 1x is just as fast as a red dot like Eotech. I was originally only look for a good 1-6X. Their ACSS reticle is right on for me up to 200 yds.

So I get asked all the time would I now switch back to Red Dot. Yes and No. Maybe on this next build I may do that. Now that I can see without a diopter it may be an Aimpoint Pro Red Dot or back to one of the Eotech 500 models.... Maybe. I am building an affinity toward this Primary Arms scope...
I have the Black Hole Weaponry .223 Wylde 1:8 18” in this build also and I’m able to hit an IPSC silhouette at 700yds with hand loaded ammo! It’s a great barrel!
41734B69-5671-48F6-B817-2270F2C9417B.jpeg

41 - 45 of 45 Posts