Survivalist Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

Registered
A pelvis shot will put him down.
A human cannot stand up with a broken pelvis.
He can continue to shoot with a broken pelvis!
So, keep shooting till the danger stops.
Imma be honest, at first glance, I thought you said penis shot!馃槀basically the same thing though. Headshots are also effective.

Registered
Do you consider/train for such an event?
Everybody has the stuff now..true criminals and even thugs will be in it after any sort of crisis鈥o you plan on head shots? Im a pelvis guy due to all the hittable bones but stomach works too鈥
Plans anyone?
The majority of criminals don't have body armor.
I wore it for fifteen years on the job.
Criminals do not want to stand out to authorities and body armor makes you stand out.
Criminals expect to do all the damage and don't expect victims to fight back, therefore they don't think they need any protective gear.

Registered
Criminals do not want to stand out to authorities and body armor makes you stand out.
Criminals expect to do all the damage and don't expect victims to fight back, therefore they don't think they need any protective gear.
There鈥檚 nothing saying that our armored opponents can鈥檛 be the authorities.

Registered
If the bad guy is wearing concealed soft armor and I'm using a pistol, I probably won't realize what's up until half a mag later. If he's still feeling sporty after 7-8 rounds to the chest and I can't get away, I guess I'll just put the other half of the mag somewhere else and see how that works. Pelvis, head, gun arm, whatever I have available.

If I'm using shotgun or rifle in a HD scenario and the bad guy has armor, the first round or two is probably still going into the armor. Again, keep shooting until he's neutralized. Maybe that means I pulverize his rib cage in his vest with buckshot, maybe I put 3 rounds through his head, kinda depends on what else is going on. If he drops his gun and falls and his buddy pops around the corner, I'm going to give his buddy a taste. If BG1 escapes while I'm handling BG2, that's fine with me.

If things are a bit more... social, and I have time to line up a shot then obviously I'm going to avoid hitting someone in the armor.
----------------------------------------------
From what I've heard and red though, getting hit in the armor really interrupts your flow. Unless the guy has backup shooting him in the armor first gives you more of an advantage than not shooting him anywhere. If nothing else, you know you're on target.

Banned
Gunslingin' Knife-Throwin' Cowgirl
Do you consider/train for such an event?
Everybody has the stuff now..true criminals and even thugs will be in it after any sort of crisis鈥o you plan on head shots? Im a pelvis guy due to all the hittable bones but stomach works too鈥
Plans anyone?
Nope; not planning on them having body armor, nor do I have any body-armor; too uncomfortable, too heavy; I'm a small girl; my assets are stealth and speed; armor would just get in the way lol.

Also, I only use high-caliber handguns and an AR-15...it really doesn't matter if they're wearing body armor; body armor doesn't make you bulletproof. One shot in the chest is still gonna knock them off their feet, bruising the hell out of them, possibly breaking their ribs or caving in their chest cavity, causing internal bleeding and damage to their organs. Then I'd be following up with more shots. If they had NIJ IV ballistic plate armor, the highest you can reasonable expect to face, it would have shattered upon the first shot, possibly launching shrapnel into their chest. Regardless, their shattered plates definitely aren't going to do a thing to protect them from the follow-up shots.

I never aim for the head. The head is too small of a target and is usually moving around; most gunfights don't happen at close enough range to get a reliable shot with gallons of adrenaline pumping through your veins. Always aim center-mass, and don't stop shooting until they aren't moving anymore. ...That's how you know the threat has officially been eliminated lol. 馃槄

Premium Member
If the bad guy is wearing concealed soft armor and I'm using a pistol, I probably won't realize what's up until half a mag later. If he's still feeling sporty after 7-8 rounds to the chest and I can't get away, I guess I'll just put the other half of the mag somewhere else and see how that works. Pelvis, head, gun arm, whatever I have available.

If I'm using shotgun or rifle in a HD scenario and the bad guy has armor, the first round or two is probably still going into the armor. Again, keep shooting until he's neutralized. Maybe that means I pulverize his rib cage in his vest with buckshot, maybe I put 3 rounds through his head, kinda depends on what else is going on. If he drops his gun and falls and his buddy pops around the corner, I'm going to give his buddy a taste. If BG1 escapes while I'm handling BG2, that's fine with me.

If things are a bit more... social, and I have time to line up a shot then obviously I'm going to avoid hitting someone in the armor.
----------------------------------------------
From what I've heard and red though, getting hit in the armor really interrupts your flow. Unless the guy has backup shooting him in the armor first gives you more of an advantage than not shooting him anywhere. If nothing else, you know you're on target.
rifles go through soft armor. Shotguns and handguns mostly do not.

from what I can tell getting hit in the armor hurts BAD and may put you down like a good kick. Guys often report blood in their urine for a few days. .3 -6 hits like that is VERY a likely to take some fight out of a bad guy.

Premium Member
I tend to agree. Most BGs think they won鈥檛 get in a gun fight. If they thought you鈥檇 shoot at them , they鈥檇 rob somebody else.

some BGs however are more tolerant of gun fights. They are the ones who rob gun stores, large jewelers with armed security , armored cars , drug houses , etc.

We just had a home invasion near Baytown about 1 year ago. It was 6 guys in armor with rifles. A family lived there. Husband was killed.

Registered
rifles go through soft armor. Shotguns and handguns mostly do not.

from what I can tell getting hit in the armor hurts BAD and may put you down like a good kick. Guys often report blood in their urine for a few days. .3 -6 hits like that is VERY a likely to take some fight out of a bad guy.
I was going with the assumption that the bad guy was sufficiently armored to stop whatever I was using, but you're right about rifles and soft armor.

Registered
Apocalyptic scenarios are extremely unlikely.

I wouldn鈥檛 expect most people to have chest plates. When I shoot someone, I aim for center mass.

Premium Member
Apocalyptic scenarios are extremely unlikely.

I wouldn鈥檛 expect most people to have chest plates. When I shoot someone, I aim for center mass.
Yea plus there is a LOT Of you not covered by armor and nobody wants to get shot there either. Especially with no doctor. I expect people to be even less brave with ambulances not running.

When the bullets start flying their way most bad guys are gonna bounce. Unless they have obvious advantages lien numbers , cover , etc. there won鈥檛 be a gun fight. And in a true Apocalypse BGs would shoot people from behind or in an ambush. If discovered pre ambush , they will likely just call it off and wait for the next person

41 - 54 of 54 Posts