Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im on a budget around $500, has anyone shot or know anything about this rifle? It seems to be pretty good on reviews.. It is a Mossberb Atr 100 Night train in 308 caliber.. Im just looking to upgrade somewhat from my old 742 woodmaster 30-06 hunting rifle.. Any advice on this gun would be appreciated

Attachments

·
Humble Coffee Maker
2,383 Posts
Your gonna get a million opinions on this. In my personal one, Mossberg rifles SUCK.

Just my thoughts.....

If you have a budget of $500 for a rifle...why are you looking to mossberg? You should easily be able to get a Ruger Hawkeye, Remington 700, Savage 10/11 series etc for that or less. Check out your local ARMSLIST.com or go to Buds guns or CDNN.com. They will all have a great selection of quality bolt action rifles well within your budget. Nothing against Mossberg....I LOVE their shotguns.....rifles...not so much. Just my .02 cents man.

·
Registered
377 Posts
There's no bigger bang for the buck than a Savage bolt action with the Accu-Trigger. They are just uncanny accurate! Some will complain about the aesthetics of the barrel nut, But when I'm buying a gun looks are probably one of the last qualities I protract.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your gonna get a million opinions on this. In my personal one, Mossberg rifles SUCK.

Just my thoughts.....

If you have a budget of $500 for a rifle...why are you looking to mossberg? You should easily be able to get a Ruger Hawkeye, Remington 700, Savage 10/11 series etc for that or less. Check out your local ARMSLIST.com or go to Buds guns or CDNN.com. They will all have a great selection of quality bolt action rifles well within your budget. Nothing against Mossberg....I LOVE their shotguns.....rifles...not so much. Just my .02 cents man.
Appreciate the info, I couldnt find a remington 700 around here in my price range, I will look up all the other guns you mentioned as well and see what I can find

·
Registered
101 Posts
i dont know where in Va you live im was born in richmond. all my life growing up my father would go to Ashland to a gun shop called Green top..it was still there about 3 years ago. that would be a good start for new or used..even a used remington or savage will make a great rifle..i personally love remington 700's but for the money savage would be my second choice..and get it in a common caliber.good luck

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The savage axis rifles look pretty good and the prices aint bad either.. what caliber would you recommend that is easliy avaliable? Im leaning toward the 243 or 308 Overall based on what im reading on reviews the savage guns have the edge up on mossberg espically since they are a lil cheaper in price

·
100% Texan
346 Posts
I agree with the others.

I love my mossburg shotguns, but have never liked thier rifles.

All the others mention above you will have a good go with.

And IMO...just go with the .308 :thumb:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Glad I didnt pull the trigger and get the mossberg from what I been hearing on here.. I been looking at the savage guns, they look good and got a great price as well. Probably end up going with one of them

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.