Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Leatherman Surge, a Micra and a couple Swiss Army knives. The Surge is a great tool but big and heavy. The Micra is also nice but is a little small and the scissors see less use than pliers do.

I thought the Squirt P4 looked nice but there isn't much written on these forums and have never touched one in person. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have a couple of P4s. My wife and I each have one on our keychains. They're a handy little multi-tool, but the pliers are not very powerful, as can be expected considering their size, but they're better than nothing.

I'm not about to carry my Super-Tool 200 in my pocket everyday, it stays in my car.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the Squirt s4 and it pretty much the same thing except it has scissors instead of pliers. The scissors don't really come in handy as much as pliers do. It has the same tools as a large multitool, just scaled down. The small knife is actually pretty good for small tasks. All in all a good little tool for the money if you plan to use it for edc.

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
I love mine. A few years ago I lent mine to some idiot at the range. I did not realize untial I got home that he had broken it. He should have been using vice grips not a LM Squirt. I sent it to Leatherman for a repair. Two weeks later they sent me a brand new LM P4 Squirt, no questions asked. It is a great tool, but it will not replace a full tool chest.

·
Modern Day Nessmuk
483 Posts
I certainly would not carry the P4 for every day carry or anything like that, nor take only that into the woods. I do however like this tool ALOT. I want to buy one of theese for fishing and canoeing. I think it would be pretty useful for attaching flies to my pole or even taking them out of a fish's mouth. I think the file would be superb on it as I could sharpen my fishhooks. This of course would be accompanied by my fixed blade. :| I say go for the purchase.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses. I didn't realize that Leatherman came out with a midsize model - the Juice. I realized that the Squirt is a fat Micra with pliers, still too small for what I'm thinking.

So I just picked up a Juice Cs4. Looks like it will be big enough to have some good pliers and the tools I would like to have.

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
Thanks for the responses. I didn't realize that Leatherman came out with a midsize model - the Juice. I realized that the Squirt is a fat Micra with pliers, still too small for what I'm thinking.

So I just picked up a Juice Cs4. Looks like it will be big enough to have some good pliers and the tools I would like to have.
I've got a Juice CS4 that lives in my EDC rucksack, it's very useful and comes in handy at least once a week.

Giguere, I quite often use the pliers and scissors when fishing.

YB

·
veldskoen no socks
2,715 Posts
Cant be a bad tool, I like LM and realy rate them top in the class.

·
Registered
141 Posts
my buddy has one, I've used it on occasion, for a multi-tool that size their great but thats the problem their a small multitool, great for putting on a keychain to open boxes or tighten that little screw that holds the batteries in but not good for heavy duty use. I just carry my big fat charge wherever i go

1 - 9 of 9 Posts