Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
They are more commonly called Life boat rations. Come in silver packaging (Mainstay) it consists of a big block of survival food that looks like a peanut butter bar concoction. You break off squares of the product as nutrition. I have only had the Mainstay. GB. Not bad taste. Would not want to make it my main food source for a long period. Very good to keep in vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
12,539 Posts
I've tried those two, plus SOS brand and Millennium brand bars. I much prefer the Millennium bars. They are packaged as 400 calorie bars and are available in a variety of flavors. I prefer the taste of several of them over the Life-boat rations, and the variety keeps them from being quite so boring as eating the same thing for several days in a row.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Where did you get yours?

I've tried those two, plus SOS brand and Millennium brand bars. I much prefer the Millennium bars. They are packaged as 400 calorie bars and are available in a variety of flavors. I prefer the taste of several of them over the Life-boat rations, and the variety keeps them from being quite so boring as eating the same thing for several days in a row.
Where did you get your product from? I want to try some. Larry

·
Survivor
48 Posts
Bought a case of Datrex for 70ish dollars from a guy on eBay.
They have a descent taste, coconut, but are real easy to crumble and you need a knife to open the package. You could use your teeth but would have chewy powder and crumbs when open. Holds up well in vehicle heating and cold, fills you and is easy to carry/store. Not too bad on provoking thirst like some of the others although they all say "non thirst provoking".
I would buy another case if out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.