Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Asphalt Survivalist
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have been siting every night in a hotel room. I been collecting per diem and have not gone out and blown it like the rest of my group at the bars.

That said I Don't know if I made a good choice or not but I just bought a CZ Model 52 Pistol, Cal. 7.62 Tokarev for $199.00. I also purchased 400 rds from sportsman wharehouse 7.62x25 Tok. 85 Gr. FMJ for 130.

I have read this is a great pistol. It is not a glock but I have 330.00 in a psitol and 400 rds. vs 575 just for pistol

Any opinions on this pistol?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Works just fine and is accurate just be careful not to dry fire it or let the hammer dropper drop the hammer on the firing pin; both actions will break the pin. You can find spare parts and accessories at the Makarov.com website. I think you will really enjoy your CZ52.

·
Shooter, Hiker, & Camper
256 Posts
He can get a less brittle modern firing pin, but it is still not a gun to dry fire.

The CZ-52 usues a roller-locked firing system, just like HK uses on the MP-5 and the P9S. It is a very strong action, and the 7.62 Tokarev round is very powerful. I would love to see a modern handun chambered for it, and some good expanding ammo.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Fun gun to shoot, have fired several hundred rounds through it once I replaced the fireing pin. Enjoy, powerful round.

·
Suspect Everyone
225 Posts
fun gun....can;t beat the deal, BUT, as it was compared to "575 just for the pistol" I have to say, 1) you can get a great SD pistol for less than 575, or a great one for about that much, and 2) for me, I am not trusting my life to a CZ-52. I will stick with a newer model - my Taurus or Springfield XD. My CZ is just a toy and a backup to a backup to a backup in case of emergency.

·
Gold memba-золот&#10
588 Posts
..and some good expanding ammo.
I think the whole point to have this pistol is to be able to defeat body armor and for that FMJ is just fine:) Even if that .30 cal bullet expanded, it would still be somewhere around unexpanded .38-.40 cal one. Overpenetration would be a concern as well. Mild steel jacket on the other hand would be nice.

·
Shooter, Hiker, & Camper
256 Posts
I think the whole point to have this pistol is to be able to defeat body armor and for that FMJ is just fine:) Even if that .30 cal bullet expanded, it would still be somewhere around unexpanded .38-.40 cal one. Overpenetration would be a concern as well. Mild steel jacket on the other hand would be nice.
Nobody was wearing body armor when the Tokarev came out. I look at it as similar to a .357 Sig round if they made some good ammo and a modern firearm for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts