Survivalist Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Bad Moon Rising
8,885 Posts
What could cause 2 tires, front and rear, to be punctured in the sidewalls at the same time, that might be an accident?
Believe it or not, I've had that happen.

We worked it out as follows: we were in a Chevy Tahoe out past a farm in Colorado. Part of the gravel road ran through a rocky slab-based section that had dirt roads through broken rock slabs. The dirt roads were lower in places than the rock slabs on both sides of the tracks.

We figure both front and rear tires on the right side must have slid along one of the rock slabs while we were driving through that area, and the impact perforated the sidewall but not entirely - the 'crease' from impacting the rocky slab created a slow leak in both front and rear tires.

We parked back at the house, came out a bit later, and both the front and rear tires on the right side were flat.

I wouldn't have believed it had it not happened to me.

I'm not saying you weren't the victim of an attack, but I'm relating that something like that happened to me and it wasn't an attack - just an encounter with sharp rocks.

The weird thing about your situation is when you say your car never left the garage. If so, then someone came into your garage and damaged the tires.

In these "neighborhood issues" cases, the very best thing is often security cameras. Obvious ones and not-so-obvious ones. Nothing is as pursuasive in court as video of an event occurring.

Sorry you are dealing with this.

·
Born 120 years too late.
4,155 Posts
DO THEY park their cars outside at night?

If so under lights or in shadows?

Have you ever noticed any cameras?

just.... curious...

·
Purposeful Prepper
1,570 Posts
Emma, you asked for an opinion so here is my opinion. An accident is extremely unlike to cause that type of damage.

You said your husband has seen a lot of damaged tires. That makes him something of an expert.

You mentioned there are new players in the arena and there are already bad feelings. Do the math.

Had you asked for advice I would have suggested calling the police and making a report.

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
I've had my tires slashed. One of my part time jobs was working nights at a ratty liquor store in a bad black neighborhood. Never had a problem with the blacks. Older men would come in after their work buy some gin or mad dog or malt liquor and hang outside visiting before they went home. Smart ass college white boys were a different story. Must of ****ed one of them off and that is when I got my tired slashed. Eventually they cost me my job too. Boss called me in all mad and showed me security camera footage. Counter was set up in an L with registers at each end. It was Christmas time so had some wood cases of gift wine. I am at my register, white boy comes up, loads 2 cases in his arm and out of camera view. I even waved bye to him. Boss thought us clerks were in on it. To be honest us night clerks were always drunk off our asses. What really happened is perp's friend had created a distraction and had our attention while perp did his deed.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I agree with the advice everyone has given about cameras and reports.

Just wanted to say that neighbors like these, and their dogs, are reasons you should carry even if just in your yard working on the flower bed. The next time it could be the 18 year old yelling and swinging a crowbar at you. Or the dog grabbing a kid's head and mauling him or her. In those cases, deadly force might be the only way to save the kid's life or your own. I like dogs, but untrained, or worse purposefully trained to be mean, dogs are a hazard. It does not matter if it is poodle or a great dane.

Good luck with this. Bad neighbors are a difficult situation.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I like dogs, but untrained, or worse purposefully trained to be mean, dogs are a hazard. It does not matter if it is poodle or a great dane.
I love dogs. I used to like these dogs until they started killing cats and I realized any of us could be next. Even now, I know it's not their fault. The guy got them as puppies 3 years ago and just never bothered training them. Or walking them on a leash. Or putting up a fence in his back yard.

It's just pure laziness on the part of him, his wife, and their 2 boys. I respect people until they give me a reason not to, and these folks have surely done that.

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Reason 1,001 to live rural

What happens here is just that
A private matter that no one knows about

I have never purposefully killed a dog, but if dogs show up here, and they do, and cause no trouble, then no problem
If any animal causes a signigicant problem, then the problem will be solved

Being passive - aggressive
And always staying passive is what works best for me
Only way for me to have peace is living rural and minding my own business

Praying this is resolved to everyone's satisfaction

·
Combat marxism Now!
7,984 Posts
When I wear glasses, the rims (and the tires) of my car suffer......

No problems with contacts, but my prescription is +2.5 (reading glasses needed to see distance) and that kind of magnification with glasses away from my pupils, affects my driving horribly. I run into curbs all the time.

I've always been a race car guy, and never ran into things. But when vision went, and glasses were required, I started really damaging rims. I'm actually on a first name basis with the wheel repair guy. Ugh.

I only wear glasses when I can't wear contacts.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
One tire with a strange puncture...a possible accident. Two tires with strange punctures...not an accident. Sounds like you got the neighbors from hell.

·
Super Moderator
CRAP CREEK SURVIVOR
2,267 Posts
Sidebar thoughts: get a locking gas cap and install video surveillance system to cover your bases: 1) your vehicles, 2) home, AND 3) the area between your home and the crumbum neighbors (as sure fire evidence showing the perp returning home).

Be sure to take extra care to hide any evidence of the surveillance system.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
OP, you say car was in garage but was the door closed?
We're not sure if the door was closed. One of us "always" shuts it sometime after dark, but you know how you get into such a habit of doing something every day for years that you might not even notice if you forget. Either that or it was done after darkness fell but before we shut it . . . which is even more frightening because there were lights on in the house so he would've known somebody was home.

We're on very high alert. He continues to let the dogs out, though they seem to be sticking to their own yard. He's in trouble with the local law enforcement and doesn't seem to care. That attitude speaks volumes.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts