Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Banned
9,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from the article:

"Operation Justified Vengeance": Israeli Strike on Freedom Flotilla to Gaza is Part of a Broader Military Agenda

By Michel Chossudovsky

URL of this article: www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=19447

Global Research, May 31, 2010

War Criminal Prime Minister Netanyahu, who directly ordered the strike on the international flotilla to Gaza, was on an official visit to Canada at the time of the Israeli attack.

The strike constitutes an act of piracy in violation of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea.

Netanyahu's actions, which have resulted in more than 10 deaths and up to 60 injured, constitute a criminal act committed in international waters. (BBC News - Deaths as Israeli forces storm Gaza aid ship).

In a cruel irony, Netanyahu, in a recent statement, committed himself to peace with Palestine: "We want to move as speedily as possible to direct talks because the kind of problem that we have with the Palestinians can be resolved in peace and can be arranged only if we sit down together".

Several prominent personalities as well as several Global Research authors and partners were on board the ships.

The May 31st strike is a follow-up on "Operation Cast" initiated in late December 2008. It is meant to enforce the status of Gaza as a de facto urban prison.

Operation "Cast Lead" was part of a broader military-intelligence operation initiated at the outset of the Ariel Sharon government in 2001. It was under Sharon's "Operation Justified Vengeance" that F-16 fighter planes were initially used to bomb Palestinian cities. The strike on the Freedom Flotilla is part of the logic of transforming Gaza into an urban concentration camp.

"Operation Justified Vengeance" was presented in July 2001 to the Israeli government of Ariel Sharon by IDF chief of staff Shaul Mofaz, under the title "The Destruction of the Palestinian Authority and Disarmament of All Armed Forces". "Operation Justified Vengeance" was also referred to as the "Dagan Plan", named after General (ret.) Meir Dagan, who currently heads Mossad, Israel's intelligence agency. (See Ellis Shulman, Operation Justified Vengeance, A Secret to Destrythe Palestinian Authority, Global Research, 2002)

Meir Dagan, in coordination with his US counterparts, had been put in charge of various military-intelligence operations. It is worth noting that Meir Dagan as a young Colonel had worked closely with then defense minister Ariel Sharon in the raids on Palestinian settlements in Beirut in 1982.

The 2009 ground invasion of Gaza, in many regards, bear a canny resemblance to the 1982 military operation led by Sharon and Dagan.

Dagan as head of Israeli intelligence, no doubt also took part in the decision to launch the strike on the Freedom Flotilla.

·
Retrofitted Sheeple
30,609 Posts
America does NOT control Isreal, they do what they want.......the vid I saw, the IDF were being attacked as soon as they landed, so it's self defense, imo.....like they said, they just wanted to search the ship for weapons and explosives, etc.
But did they have a legal right to do so? That's the big question. If they didn't, then the people on that ship had every right to defend themselves.

·
Banned
9,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
America does NOT control Isreal, they do what they want.......the vid I saw, the IDF were being attacked as soon as they landed, so it's self defense, imo.....like they said, they just wanted to search the ship for weapons and explosives, etc.
then why did they do it in the middle of the night, like pirates.
the idf had no good intentions.

·
Threepin'
4,084 Posts
you're absolutely right, and israel's "amen corner" in the united states will never admit that the IDF is capable of any wrongdoing. this happened in international waters. the flotilla was illegally boarded by hostile elements of the israeli military.

·
V
21,713 Posts
But did they have a legal right to do so? That's the big question. If they didn't, then the people on that ship had every right to defend themselves.
To be fair, this is only how I see it: they knew there was a blockade in place they decided to run it, they knew they were going to be boarded (it was a forgone conclusion), they attacked the soldiers as they boarded, the soldiers retaliated........ result dead stupid people.

·
Retrofitted Sheeple
30,609 Posts
To be fair, this is only how I see it: they knew there was a blockade in place they decided to run it, they knew they were going to be boarded (it was a forgone conclusion), they attacked the soldiers as they boarded, the soldiers retaliated........ result dead stupid people.
It really doesn't matter if they expected to be boarded. This wasn't their first trip. Apparently they have attempted this 8 times before and succeeded 5. It also doesn't matter if there's a blockade if the blockade isn't legal.

If the blockade isn't legal, then Israel had no right to be on the ship.

·
V
21,713 Posts
It really doesn't matter if they expected to be boarded. This wasn't their first trip. Apparently they have attempted this 8 times before and succeeded 5. It also doesn't matter if there's a blockade if the blockade isn't legal.

Mate I'm not going to argue with you because I'm not siding with anyone, they've made the trip 8 times and succeeded 5, tells me they failed 3 times, they knew they had the chance of running into armed military opposition.

They attacked the boarders and lost end of,
it was stupid running the blockade poorly equiped ,
it was stupid attacking armed soldiers whilst poorly equiped

Result: Dead stupid people.

Is the blockade legal or not? Opinions Vary......... obviously.

Here's one opinion;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_8715000/8715428.stm

·
Really?
16,125 Posts

Yeah, but we don't know if it's legal ( according to whom?)........remember, this has been going on for many, many years.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Set Up

This was an obvious setup by the Turks. The flotilla could have taken "aid" in through other channels to be screened for weapons as is the norm. Weapons are constantly smuggled into the area to be used against Israel and Israel has a right to defend itself and did so.

The flotilla was asking for trouble and found it. So all the lefty liberal pukes stop whining.

If and when Israel takes out Iran (might be too late now) it will be after years of Iran's sponsoring of death and destruction of Israelis and still the liberals will be wringing their hands and whining.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
How can people continue to point all fingers at Israel while never mentioning the fact that it was hamas taking control of Gaza and lobbing rockets into Israel that brought about the necessity of the blockade in the first place? No one mentions the shipments of weapons being snuck into Gaza by Syria or Iran. If hamas is so innocent and all of these problems are caused by mean ol' Israel why is Egypt also blocking people, goods, and weapons from getting into Gaza?

Israel has to deal with the problems they are faced with. If the world is so concerned about the plight of the poor people of Gaza why doesn't the world do anything to stop the problems besides criticizing Israel? Stop the rockets, stop Iran and Syria from smuggling weapons. Maybe then Israel won't have the need for a blockade.

·
Banned
9,294 Posts
Israel is holding a hard line because they have to to be able to exist in the region. All you muslim supporters are really tipping your hand over this incident. Good to know who you are. Ahmadinejad thanks you for your support as well.

If I was in charge of fighting with the islamofascists, I'd be coating my bullets and lacing my bombs with pig blood.

That'd make them think twice.

·
Threepin'
4,084 Posts
Israel is holding a hard line because they have to to be able to exist in the region. All you muslim supporters are really tipping your hand over this incident. Good to know who you are. Ahmadinejad thanks you for your support as well.

If I was in charge of fighting with the islamofascists, I'd be coating my bullets and lacing my bombs with pig blood.

That'd make them think twice.
"islamofascists." how revealing.

Reactions: bikerdruid

·
Registered
528 Posts
Can I just say, if I was boarding that ship, just to check out the cargo and I see a mudering scumbag who starts hitting my fellow soldiers with an iron bar, I would have shot the scumbag aswell.

Hamas = Murdering F*****g Scum hidding behind a so called religion of peace.

Well done Israel, the only country left in the Western world with a pair.

·
Retrofitted Sheeple
30,609 Posts
Mate I'm not going to argue with you because I'm not siding with anyone, they've made the trip 8 times and succeeded 5, tells me they failed 3 times, they knew they had the chance of running into armed military opposition.

They attacked the boarders and lost end of,
it was stupid running the blockade poorly equiped ,
it was stupid attacking armed soldiers whilst poorly equiped

Result: Dead stupid people.

Is the blockade legal or not? Opinions Vary......... obviously.

Here's one opinion;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_8715000/8715428.stm
I'm not siding with anyone yet either. Hence my careful use of the word 'if'.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Sure they did, they were keeping "humanitarian aid"(also known as illegal weapons, devices that can be converted into weapons, and militant jihadists) from getting into gaza.

If this was truly ligitimate humanitarian aid all the turks had to do was go through the legal channels and it would have been allowed into gaza.

Another thing. If these ships only carried "humanitarian aid" why did the occupants of the ships feel the need to BEAT IDF soldiers with everything they could get their hands on?

Dude, you seriously need to get your head out of the sand.

1 - 20 of 168 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.