Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This would keep the kids out if they didn't check youtube, to bad it can be reprogrammed while locked.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Dang ... thought this was going to be a Fallout discussion. But seriously ... the Lockpicking Lawyer is one of my favorite YouTube subscriptions. The dude can open almost any lock on the market (with only a couple of exceptions).

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Instead of getting all fancy with a fork, you could either just smash it with a hammer, pry it open or throw it on its corner.

I get the guy is a lockpicker, but your common thief isn't going to go all booklearnin' style on it when you can just use brute force.

It looks just like a fancy case that has little practicality, even if mounted.

·
Semper Fi
8,962 Posts
Instead of getting all fancy with a fork, you could either just smash it with a hammer, pry it open or throw it on its corner.

I get the guy is a lockpicker, but your common thief isn't going to go all booklearnin' style on it when you can just use brute force.

It looks just like a fancy case that has little practicality, even if mounted.
Lots of truth in this, as locks only keep honest people honest.

·
Wile E Coyote, Genius.
33,622 Posts
The people that design these various safes and locks should hire people like this guy or Bosnian Bill to review their desgn before they go into production.

A simple tweak could make that button impossible to reach.

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,316 Posts
So basically if your storing your gun or other valuables in one of these your forked.....

Couldn’t resist

·
statists' be statin'
3,371 Posts
Plastic cover? I guess this was never meant to actually protect your gun from theft, just keep it dry.
I keep my go-to gun locked up on my night stand only because I'm keeping my kids out. This would work fine for that purpose. If protecting the gun from theft is the goal, don't put it in a box that fits in somebody's pocket.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Fort Knox Auto Pistol Safe in my truck. mechanical combination lock.
Fort Knox Auto Pistol Safe

V-Line 2597-S Desk Mate Pistol Safe on the bottom of my workbench. same lock, same combo as the Fort Knox Auto Pistol Safe in my truck.
V-Line 2597-S Desk Mate Pistol Safe

both made of thick steel. If the tax return gods smile on me this year I will put another of these in the baja bug

one of these at the foot of the bed. Yes, I have seen the video. I redesigned the mechanism.
Union Safe Company 0.71 cu. ft. Electronic Digital Safe

everything else I have encountered is rinky dink.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts