Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a group here http://gekgasifier.com/ has designed a open source wood gasifier to power generators, cars, and machinery.

from their website:

Our project started with the open source Gasifier Experimenter’s Kit (GEK), supporting research, education and DIY hacking in biomass thermal conversion. Three years later it has evolved into the GEK Power Pallet— a fully automated solution for personal scale biomass power generation.

Simply put for those not familiar with wood gasifiers, it is a device that you dump wood chips into the hopper and gas comes out the other end that you can use for cooking, heating, running engines, or for conversion to other useful chemicals. You can run a boat, tractor, truck, car or generator with a device made from the free plans available from this group.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Metz, Thanks a whole bunch, great info here. I'm in Germany, so I will try to attend the Belgium workshop in Feb 2012. Just need the days off and I'm good. Awesome.

·
Registered
124 Posts
They made a wood gasifier on season 1 of Discovery Channels "The Colony". That was the first time I ever heard about those & it was pretty neat watching them build & fine tune it. They even made another to power a truck later on in the series.

About 2:00 into the video.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts