Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Just reboot 3 times...
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked one of these up... http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/store_detail.html?s=ON9419TM

If any are interested I will be posting a review after my next outing, which will consist of camping and shelter building for practice. I know it's HUGE and weighty, but I don't mind and really just wanted a good 5 in blade heavy enough to abuse but with the right grind for whatever else might come along. This fits the bill, so far.

BTW, can anyone either make a custom sheath or point me towards a custom maker? I understand I would have to give up the knife to do it (unless they already have some for this model) and am willing with certain assurances.

Thanks in advance!

·
Just reboot 3 times...
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RE: sniping

Not to snipe, but it looks like a BK-2 clone, which can be had from the same vendor for $14 less.
True, very similar. The price reflects the Micarta handle most likely, but not sure on that. Anyway, my budget was met, so price wasn't the main factor. The steel is different as well, but I have no reason to doubt the quality of the BK2, in fact, quite the opposite. Mostly a preference issue. All I know is that it FEELS right. :D:

·
Just reboot 3 times...
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
We landed on the Moon
97 Posts
I am very interested in hearing a review. I've been looking at that knife for a bit, my birthday was last week and I tought I might buy it for myself. I have a Cabela's card and some points that would make it pretty cheap for me.

One point I didn't like was the absence of a lanyard hole. I wonder if it's practical to modify the knife to have one?

·
Strike Hold
66 Posts
True, very similar. The price reflects the Micarta handle most likely, but not sure on that. Anyway, my budget was met, so price wasn't the main factor. The steel is different as well, but I have no reason to doubt the quality of the BK2, in fact, quite the opposite. Mostly a preference issue. All I know is that it FEELS right. :D:
Well that is the most important thing, "it feels right." If it meets that criteria, I don't see any problem with it. I definitely look forward to hearing your review of it. If you review it in another thread, please PM me to let me know to look for it. Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts