Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were stranded in in the middle of 1760s North America without a horse, and you could have only one gun (modern or old-fashioned), which one would you pick?

·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you only had one gun to survive in the woods. What would it be?

If you were stranded in in the middle of 1760s North America without a horse, and you could have only one gun (modern or old-fashioned), which one would you pick?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
An axe.

And if it had to be a gun, a Kentucky Rifle, 36", tight bore and handmade. Remember there were no cased rounds and no Glocks. I repeat, no Glocks.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I would want something black powder so I could reload. 1760 America is like saying eastern europe. You would want to have something you could get ammo/powder and ball for from locals if you had to. Springfield black powder gun made with Mass production. Parts could interchange.

·
Super Moderator
12,251 Posts
Assuming I couldn't get resupply of modern ammuntion, I'd take a Traditions .50 flintlock.

Even if I could take as much ammunition back with me as I wanted, I'm stranded witout a horse and couldn't carry much, anyway.

·
Backpacker I Adventurer
1,031 Posts
Well considering you are just asking what kind of rifle and not mentioning anything about getting ammo and such I'd have to go with a Kel-tec SU-16CA. I like this rifle a lot as a backpacking rifle.

·
FNG
106 Posts
Damn thats a hard question. The AK for the fire power. The 870 for the versatility (spelling?), the 10/22 for practicality...... damn hard question. Id have to say the 870 with a decent supply of slugs, 00, and #7 or 8 bird shot. One gun, many uses.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
According to the Unofficial Marine Dictionary

Gun - Artillery or other weaponry in which the barrel does not contain rifling (lands and grooves) used to spin a projectile for greater accuracy.

So I'd get one of these.

And then me and my Indian brothers would push you white people back to the Atlantic!!

·
I Love Guns
317 Posts
any flintlock i could get my hands on lol probly a Kentucky Rifle due to the fact that rounds for a rimfire or centerfire rifle will not be around for another 150+ years ....

·
American fearmaker
14,246 Posts
6.5 Grendel with a scope mounted on it. It should be able to give me distance and penetration that I would need. It would also let me carry more rounds than an M1A/M-14 type rifle. I did that in Viet Nam and I can testify that lugging around an M-14 type rifle with ammo is not something easy to do.

1 - 20 of 179 Posts