Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a good percentage of people on here probably buy Mre's online, so whats the cheapest place to get full meal Mre's in bulk?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are expensive, I am using them as a back up food reserve and just somthing to throw in my pack when I go camping.

and thanks for that tip

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I have about 5 days worth of MRE's for me and my wife. They are expensive and take up a lot of room in our pantry.
Our bulk is in dry goods, canned goods and long term nitro packed food product.
We freeze a lot of fish and meat, plus dehyrate a lot out of our garden and sale priced produce and make jerky and smoke fish..

·
Registered
400 Posts
Alaskan,

If we are talking civilian MRE's you can actually combine two MRE's into one of the plastic bags they come in (I noticed a lot of dead space), and then tape/seal it closed. It makes more of a solid brick, but it takes a little less space in your pack/pantry. In fact, using this method in my BOB I was able to combine six civilian MRE's into three bags, and STILL had room in the plastic to slide in some foil-packed tuna and a couple of candy bars! Everything is individually sealed so breaking the outer-most plastic bag will have no effect on spoilage, etc. Please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have purchased mre's from www.epicenter.com and www.mrefoods.com (free shipping). Epicenter seems to have a better variety currently on entrees and cases of full meals. I was looking last night. Both seemed to ship quickly, if I remember correctly. Just and idea, I buy individual entrees, sides and desserts to build my own in addition to the cases of full meals. It eliminates getting something you really don't like especially when you are hauling it around in a pack and may not want the extra crap that comes with them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts