Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the last bomber has been caught alive, now what?

Since the bombers are mulsim, will there be a backlash against people from the middle east?

Will the public demand aid to the middle east stop?

Since one of the victims was chinese, how will this affect china-USA relations?

Can we expect to see more vigilante attacks on people from the middle east? Unlike nations in the middle east, here in the USA Islam is a minority. Instead of Muslims beating Christians up, Muslims will be the victims of vigilante attacks

In the middle east it seems muslims can inflict violence on all over religions with no fear of retaliation. But here in the USA things are opposite in middle east. If a muslim does some kind of attack, non-muslims take revenge on other muslims, and even people that are mistaken for muslims.

Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhist,,, anyone that looks like they are from the middle east are already targeted by vigilantes. Sikhs already get abused because people confuse their turban with those worn by muslims.

Maybe white-supremacist groups attacking people from the middle east?

Will we see a rise of middle-eastern hate groups?

What do radical muslims think is going to happen after commit these acts of terrorism? Do they expect everyone to look the other way?

How is this bombing going to affect the liberal agenda of equal rights for those who do not wish to integrate?

Lets not group all Muslims together. I would like to think 99.99% of Muslims follow our laws. So lets not blame the majority for the acts of the minority.

·
Come and Take It!
11,642 Posts
I hope this means he is aggressively interrogated for information regarding other cells that may have been working with him and his brother.

After we have sucked his mind dry of information, useful to the war on terror, then we give him a quick trial , find him guilty and execute him like we did McVeigh.

As for your other questions about the social side of things ...we learned from 9/11.....it will be different in those areas this time.

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After we have sucked his mind dry of information, useful to the war on terror, then we give him a quick trial , find him guilty and execute him like we did McVeigh.
If we execute him, he turns into a martyr.

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
I fully expect we will see retribution because we didn't take this situation laying down. I don't think terrorist groups take well to not getting their way.

Of course that may not be the case. Al Qaeda hasn't done anything remotely close to 9/11 in almost 12 years.

I guess we'll have to see.

·
281 Posts
He should be held in Gitmo and charged as an enemy combatant. Utilizing enhanced interrogations to glean as much intel as possible. If he has foreign ties those individuals should be hunted down also. But our dear leader will mirandize him and afford him alltherights of a citizen and we will not know his connections unless he volunteers them which is highly unlikely. He will be wined and dined in club fed at the tax payers expense the rest of his life.

·
Baron
123 Posts
If we execute him, he turns into a martyr.
Perhaps, but is it really a better scenario to let him live out the next 80 years of his life in prison, where he is free to practice his violent religion and potentially recruit as many people as he can while they move through the revolving door of our justice system? On the public's dime at that.

I have no clue which would be the better answer.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts

Since the bombers are mulsim, will there be a backlash against people from the middle east?

Will the public demand aid to the middle east stop?

Since one of the victims was chinese, how will this affect china-USA relations?

Can we expect to see more vigilante attacks on people from the middle east? Unlike nations in the middle east, here in the USA Islam is a minority. Instead of Muslims beating Christians up, Muslims will be the victims of vigilante attacks

In the middle east it seems muslims can inflict violence on all over religions with no fear of retaliation. But here in the USA things are opposite in middle east. If a muslim does some kind of attack, non-muslims take revenge on other muslims, and even people that are mistaken for muslims.

Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhist,,, anyone that looks like they are from the middle east are already targeted by vigilantes. Sikhs already get abused because people confuse their turban with those worn by muslims.

Maybe white-supremacist groups attacking people from the middle east?

Will we see a rise of middle-eastern hate groups?

What do radical muslims think is going to happen after commit these acts of terrorism? Do they expect everyone to look the other way?

How is this bombing going to affect the liberal agenda of equal rights for those who do not wish to integrate?

Lets not group all Muslims together. I would like to think 99.99% of Muslims follow our laws. So lets not blame the majority for the acts of the minority.
However enormous their impact, two attackers who seemed motivated more by the older brother's social awkwardness turned into radical Islam hardly gives most thinking Westerners reason to lash out at all Muslims. If we could maintain composure in the aftermath of 9/11 and that "workplace incident" on a military base a few years ago without turning on our Muslim neighbours I'm sure we could handle this week's attacks.

The Senate votes on gun control earlier this week showed how politically active Americans could effectively push back against a concerted effort that held up the victims of several gun tragedies to clamour for restrictions upon Second Amendment Rights, so I think that Americans can be sophisticated enough to see beyond the surface of things when it really matters.

·
Adventurer
19,333 Posts
What I want to see is the brain behind the attacks to be liquidated

I find its very interesting a 19 yr old and a 26 year old have the latest greatest insurgency tech being used in the battle fields right now and the knowledge of ied tactics

and didnt get help from someone the attack was too carefully orchestrated and went off so well almost surgically and then after everything gets sloppy? I don't think so they were given a task by a handler to carry out and after became expendable and acted like undisciplined kids with no guidance

I want there handler i dont care what has to be done to the kid to get that information

my personal opinion is the only good Haj is a dead Haj and the only thing better than a dead one is a dying one that tells you where to find there friends.

·
Registered
583 Posts
It will be interesting to see how the country reacts. After all, these were not Middle Easterners but Russians, although they were Islamic and probably motivated by the jihadist movement. Personally, I don't see a cell or group here, just a couple lone wolves looking to be part of something big like this article suggests ...http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/04/18/stray-dogs-not-lone-wolves-new-profile-jihadis/

Maybe people will look at these two and say, "hey they don't look like ME terrorist so maybe not all dark skin people are" ... maybe.

·
Woodsman
352 Posts

NO, It means next time and white ******** will be blamed again. I mean with the "profile" being wrong 90% of the time they have to be "white Christians" the next time right?

·
Registered
583 Posts
What I want to see is the brain behind the attacks to be liquidated

I find its very interesting a 19 yr old and a 26 year old have the latest greatest insurgency tech being used in the battle fields right now and the knowledge of ied tactics

and didnt get help from someone the attack was too carefully orchestrated and went off so well almost surgically and then after everything gets sloppy? I don't think so they were given a task by a handler to carry out and after became expendable and acted like undisciplined kids with no guidance

I want there handler i dont care what has to be done to the kid to get that information

my personal opinion is the only good Haj is a dead Haj and the only thing better than a dead one is a dying one that tells you where to find there friends.
I think you have already seen the brains behind the attach liquidated ... suspect #1. I see nothing sophisticated about the attacks from the beginning. It seems very amateurish like the way they let themselves be identified in the crowd, the crude bombs, the 7-11 robbery, car highjacking, bomb throwing from the car, etc. etc. The whole thing played out like a grade B movie. No, these guys were not too smart and I see no evidence of any handlers.

·
Adventurer
19,333 Posts
I think you have already seen the brains behind the attach liquidated ... suspect #1. I see nothing sophisticated about the attacks from the beginning. It seems very amateurish like the way they let themselves be identified in the crowd, the crude bombs, the 7-11 robbery, car highjacking, bomb throwing from the car, etc. etc. The whole thing played out like a grade B movie. No, these guys were not too smart and I see no evidence of any handlers.
then we must agree to disagree

all that happened after the bombing and I agree was amaturish

but there was nothing simple crude or unsophisticated about the two at the marathon that was much more to it than pipe bombs getting chucked out a window and if they are good enough to make HE why would they settle with crude stuff at the end? why did they not make more good stuff to wreak more havoc? unless of course they did not make it in the first place and it was given to them thus limiting there resources

I think the sloppy crap at the end was basicly them panicking because they were left out with no guidance

·
Registered
439 Posts
Being smart has never been a requirement for the "pros" that commit terror attacks. The bombers in the first world trade center bombing got caught because they tried to get their deposit back for the rental truck they used to commit the bombing.

The police said while they were in that 7/11 the we're not the robbers. I agree with FarmerJohn. When the FBI released their photos the brothers went into panic mode. I image their plan was to try and escape, but be prepared for a final showdown. That's why the older brother had an explosive device strapped to him. If caught then take some police with him. The also likely had a pact not to let one or the other be taken alive, and that's why the younger brother ran over the wounded older brother.

These guys had a support system. What's scary is how many more teams are out there ready to go?

·
Awakened
181 Posts
I fully expect we will see retribution because we didn't take this situation laying down. I don't think terrorist groups take well to not getting their way.

Of course that may not be the case. Al Qaeda hasn't done anything remotely close to 9/11 in almost 12 years.

I guess we'll have to see.
I think that this turned out well for terrorist the world over in their own eyes. I mean two kids with crude bomb skills and weapons shut a city down for almost a week. Their agenda was complete, cause terror and fear. Isn't that what they want. To cause fear. I am sorry to say they completed what they were after.

I just hope more of this does not keep happening. But I am afraid it will after the world has seen these results.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Being smart has never been a requirement for the "pros" that commit terror attacks. The bombers in the first world trade center bombing got caught because they tried to get their deposit back for the rental truck they used to commit the bombing.

The police said while they were in that 7/11 the we're not the robbers. I agree with FarmerJohn. When the FBI released their photos the brothers went into panic mode. I image their plan was to try and escape, but be prepared for a final showdown. That's why the older brother had an explosive device strapped to him. If caught then take some police with him. The also likely had a pact not to let one or the other be taken alive, and that's why the younger brother ran over the wounded older brother.

These guys had a support system. What's scary is how many more teams are out there ready to go?
I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the investigation turns up, but remember the FBI did an investigation two years ago on the older brother and found nothing.

The guy was recently uploading jihadist crap on his YouTube channel .. how dumb was that? If he had handlers someone wasn't paying attention. I still say lone wolves.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
The bombers were from Chechnya . Not a place typicaly thought of as being "middle east" like Iran , Iraq , Syria , Saudi arabia , Egypt , etc . . Although Chechnya is part of Russia they are not really considered Russian's either .

I doubt this will effect the foriegn aid policies of the administration . I don't think Chechnya gets any aid from the US . They are Russia's problem .

The bomber in custody did become a legal citizen so he'll get a lawyer and will go through the usual legal process . I'm sure he'll be interogated but they will have to be carefull about how they go about it .

Whatever happens , I'm sure the administration will politicize the event and probably use it as an excuse for more gun control .

One reasonable , common sense reaction to what happened would be to re-evaluate the open border policies . But that won't happen . If anything , the administration will try to use the event to further restrict rights and freedoms of US citizens .

·
Registered
583 Posts
The bombers were from Chechnya . Not a place typicaly thought of as being "middle east" like Iran , Iraq , Syria , Saudi arabia , Egypt , etc . . Although Chechnya is part of Russia they are not really considered Russian's either .

I doubt this will effect the foriegn aid policies of the administration . I don't think Chechnya gets any aid from the US . They are Russia's problem .

The bomber in custody did become a legal citizen so he'll get a lawyer and will go through the usual legal process . I'm sure he'll be interogated but they will have to be carefull about how they go about it .

Whatever happens , I'm sure the administration will politicize the event and probably use it as an excuse for more gun control .

One reasonable , common sense reaction to what happened would be to re-evaluate the open border policies . But that won't happen . If anything , the administration will try to use the event to further restrict rights and freedoms of US citizens .
I don't see how this has anything to do with the border issue. The parents came here over 10 years ago and were granted political asylum. The bombers were children at the time who later apparently became radicalized. So, these are really home grown radicals and something that is becoming more common. Some interesting statistics here on the subject ...http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/04/18/stray-dogs-not-lone-wolves-new-profile-jihadis/

·
Registered
810 Posts
Well this was in the news that was mentioned once that people missed.
One Iran's ayatollah denounced the attack. Condemned us policies,
two pakastans al qaeda denied involvement what so ever right off the bat.
Three even chechen rebels denied involvement with them.
Four Russia supposilably warned us about the older brother saying he was a chechen rebel.
It ought to be a long drawn out trial since they are naturalized American citizens. Could set presidencies in future terrorist trials.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
I don't see how this has anything to do with the border issue. The parents came here over 10 years ago and were granted political asylum.
The open border policy allows pretty much anyone and everyone from just about anywhere into the country . They are handing out visa's , green cards and citizenships like candy . Immigration laws are not being enforced or are ignored . People from all over are allowed to come and go as they please and/or are allowed to stay here indefinately .
No other country does this .
Any one with common sense could see what the open border policy has to do with national security .

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.