Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Ding... Thanks for playin
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the one that I keep in the wife’s car. There is one in my truck, & one my car. My son has one in his car also since he is always on the road with college and working.

We also have a bag at the house to grab is needed at any time.

These are photos from when we were starting to put this together for her. Items that are in this bag for her car that are NOT in the photos:
Extra cell phone & battery with car and solar charger
MRE’s three total
100 feet of rope (3/4 inch rope)
250 feet of 550 cord
Change of clothes
Bible
Crank/solar/bat radio
Leatherman charge
SureFire E2D LED & extra batteries (4 total)

That is what I can think of without going out to her Mustang and bringing it in and looking through it. So I may be missing a few things here & there.

Also in the photos you can see the Big Berkey Royal filter system, this is not in any of the bags but it is with the rest of the gear that is ready to go if needed. For home or BOL or a basecamp this is a great filter system to have. I would suggest buying one from our own Berkey Guy here on the boards.

The Survival BIG book you see is not in the bag either, instead I put my old military carry booklets in these.

Each of the B.O.B’s do have the Katadyn pocket filters you see in the photos, you can’t best this one for a quality system with you anywhere you may end up. So I put one in each of our bags. That way no matter what may happen that would cause us to be split up we each have a way for clean water. And last we all have a SteriPEN system with us. So between the Berkey, Katadyn and SteriPEN almost any water will be safe to drink..!

Attachments

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
very nice and thurough. lots of backups. i like it. how much do you think you have invested in all of your bobs combined? if you dont mind. just curious.
Wow I would be afraid to add it all up! Sorry...

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
Daaaaaaaang that's a nice set up!

BPA Free bottle? NICE TOUCH!

I've got to go back and look at your set up again! (I love threads like this)

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
Man, you've got good taste. A lot of high end stuff. Like your Bivy, and your Advanced first aid kit. Really well done. You take care of your equipment too. Love the hammock too... I really want to see your set up in action.

Mine is all chewed up, dirty, half broken. LOL

Lets see if you are missing anything, or if there are any ideas I can add to your bag. (these are also things I might have missed )

Compass and topo map.
ar15 pistol in .223

North Carolina Ball Cap

Whiskey
Pen and paper
ham or cb radio
High end Knife
Machette

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like a great setup! I only have one question, since everything looks brand new have you ever tried any of that gear? It's all well known and trusted brands but just wondering. ;)
When we got that stuff it was all in the new packages. We opened and split these up and added what was needed in the kids packs also...

Crutch:
She is going for her CCP next month, then she will have her 9mm in there. I have that covered in mine...
Compass is in there along with the Bushnell backtracker you can see it in one of the photos...

map is in mine... Thanks
Gunner

Reactions: Crutch

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
No problem.

That is a really great bag man. You don't know it's exact weight do you? Water tends to sneak up the weight fast. Yet is vital.

So, really, other then her 9mm and a knife, it's pretty much done.

btw, the Backtracker, how do you like it? Does it also read temperature?

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No problem.

That is a really great bag man. You don't know it's exact weight do you? Water tends to sneak up the weight fast. Yet is vital.

So, really, other then her 9mm and a knife, it's pretty much done.

btw, the Backtracker, how do you like it? Does it also read temperature?
I really like the backtracker, no it does not do temp but between this combo I got it all covered!

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
looks great.....i gotta post mine at some point

unless i missed it...id recommend
multi tool
fixed blade knife
paracord
pistol and carbine
tarp
sleeping bag

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey Gunner - Fisherman, Have you tested that Steri Pen solar charger? The reason I ask is I was going to purchase that unit until I saw all the negative reviews on REIs website. The Steri Pen itself is a good and proven unit, all the negative comments were about the solar charger. To bad because it looks like a good system if it works.

I am currently looking at other portable solar charging systems that I can use with the Steri Pen.

Thanks

Dave S

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Gunner - Fisherman, Have you tested that Steri Pen solar charger? The reason I ask is I was going to purchase that unit until I saw all the negative reviews on REIs website. The Steri Pen itself is a good and proven unit, all the negative comments were about the solar charger. To bad because it looks like a good system if it works.

I am currently looking at other portable solar charging systems that I can use with the Steri Pen.

Thanks

Dave S
Dave
Yea it works fine... Takes a while to charge but you can also plug it into a wall outlet... Solar is a last ditch thing...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts