1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Just reboot 3 times...
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've heard that the underground water source that feeds our heartland is running dry. That would move us from crop-rich to crop-absent in very short order.

·
Registered
27 Posts
on conspiracy theory it's explained the reason our water source is running dry is because of the big bottling companies are draining water resourses faster than mother nature can replace it. I do believe this could be true.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Eastern Kansas is a little drier than usual, but not enough to threaten the wheat and corn crops. Yet.

Drought threatens, but at least in Kansas it is too soon to worry about it: wait a few more weeks and then we will know!

·
who? what? me? No!!!
654 Posts
my thoughts on why the underground "lakes" are drying up has alot to do with over usage obviously, but I tend to think it also has alot to do with farmers tiling their fields. with the drain tile systems that are ran through almost every field (around my area anyway), any water not absorbed by plants in the top 6 or 8 inches or so is drained through the tiles into ditches, channeling all the water to creeks and streams, and into rivers and straight to the oceans. none of it has a chance to filter down to the natural aquafers

I could be wrong, but that's how I see it, especially since folks who live on the edge of farm fields seem to not have as much water (gal per minute) after a field gets tiled than they did before it was tiled

1 - 10 of 10 Posts