5181 - 5200 of 5244 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Auguson Farms Peanut Butter powder is on sale again:

Their red & green bell peppers are "temporarily out of stock" but you can still place an order for 4 cans while they're on sale for $12.50:

And their raspberries are 38% off today:

I picked up a couple more of the PB powder and probably going to pick up a 6 pack of the peppers.

Even though the raspberries are 38% off right now, I'm gonna wait and see if they get any cheaper. I just received my 4 gallon freeze dried fruit bucket from them today, so I have some reserves and can wait on a better price.

How does everyone get the deal alerts on Amazon for the Auguson Farms stuff?

I'm a buyer for a case of 6 of anything of theirs when it drops 50% in price. They seem to put a limit of 4 for things, so sometimes I need to catch the sale twice to get my 6 can case.

Already got a case of milk, 4 cans of peanut butter with 2 more on the way, and now the bucket of freeze dried fruit. I put an order in for 4 of the bell peppers, because why not at them to the preps. I know the pepper cans are only about half way filled, but whatever, a little of these will go a long way in making a dish or rice or pasta taste better.

·
Registered
14 Posts
There are a few Auguson Farms things on sale today that I posted in the other Augason Farms thread, but I know there are way more people following this one so I wanted to post it in both places:

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Auguson Farms Peanut Butter powder is on sale again:

Their red & green bell peppers are "temporarily out of stock" but you can still place an order for 4 cans while they're on sale for $12.50:

And their raspberries are 38% off today:

I picked up a couple more of the PB powder and probably going to pick up a 6 pack of the peppers.

Even though the raspberries are 38% off right now, I'm gonna wait and see if they get any cheaper. I just received my 4 gallon freeze dried fruit bucket from them today, so I have some reserves and can wait on a better price.

How does everyone get the deal alerts on Amazon for the Auguson Farms stuff?

I'm a buyer for a case of 6 of anything of theirs when it drops 50% in price. They seem to put a limit of 4 for things, so sometimes I need to catch the sale twice to get my 6 can case.

Already got a case of milk, 4 cans of peanut butter with 2 more on the way, and now the bucket of freeze dried fruit. I put an order in for 4 of the bell peppers, because why not at them to the preps. I know the pepper cans are only about half way filled, but whatever, a little of these will go a long way in making a dish or rice or pasta taste better.
Use to be you could sign up with camelcamelcamel and list things to watch and set price drops. At one point they went broke, then the site? went down.
It got so unreliable I quit using it. No idea if it's still up.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
-20 Degree Mummy Sleeping Bag

$49.99 Midway cyber week special. (Normal on "sale" price ~?$59- which itself is a decent deal)

-Buyer beware- These are excellent bags FOR SPECIFIC USES & FOLKS WHOM HAVE STORAGE SPACE. Not pack in bags. Pulk/cart? Sure. Also not best suited for folks whom head up to hunting camp (or wherever) in a small car.

-Not worth even attempting to compression sack. We don't bother. 2 go in a large sized tote fine.

That said, if you have storage space & a means to haul them, AND have a want for a new bag(s)...recommend!

·
Registered
14 Posts
-20 Degree Mummy Sleeping Bag

I know ratings can kind of differ between manufactures sometimes.

Do you think these are better/warmer than the Kelty Tuck 0* that's also on sale:

How do you think it compares to the Coleman 0*? This one gets good reviews too.

These are usually $50, but price is a little high right now.

I bought 3 of the Keltys right before I saw your post, but canceled one of them for now and ordered 2 of these -20 bags.

I'm not trying to backpack them. I want the warmest I can get for $100 or less.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Can't get onto Amazon ATM, to check reviews & compare them.

Even without reading the reviews, if you don't need a pack in bag, that Browning bag at Midway "should" do you well.

-20 may be a stretch for most folks without supplemental sleep wear (wool socks/long Johns/mittens/sleep hat), however bellow zero for sure without full supplemental sleep wear.

Plus, everyone's different. I'm 5'10 250lbs fits me very well plus foot box room for some extra clothes. Not room for boots though, for me.

Wife is petite and thin. Its really too much bag for her & she likely would have trouble much bellow zero in it as is (she hasn't tried yet), however we'd fill empty space with a blanket & use a liner/sleep wear. Should help.

--Edit, adding: was able to get on Amazon & have a look. The Kelty bag is 1/2 the weight of the Browning, so "likely" would pack smaller as well. So would "likely" be better for folks with storage space issues (comparatively).

The Coleman is about the same weight as the Browning, but 20 degrees rating colder (0 vs -20), so likely more an above zero bag without extra supplemental sleep wear. Given the weight, likely the same storage penalty as the Browning. So absolutely the Browning over that one.

Bags are always a tough call. @ $50, with decent features (neck baffles, hood pull, zipper Velcro lock tab), can't be beat until you go for mountaineering / packability (multi-hundreds of dollars). IMO...

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
24,150 Posts
Lets keep the chatter out of this thread folks, just links to deals and a brief description.

If you want to discuss a deal please start another thread about it in the 'great deals' section

5181 - 5200 of 5244 Posts