Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
"Dolt"
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is for all the nay saying "I cant CCW a full size gunner's" out there.

I stated many times I can CCW a full size Glock 17 ( the same size a a full size 1911) in nothing but a teeshirt and boxer shorts. So here we go, doc in all his glory.

Current wear shorts and polo.

Work wear 5.11 class A pants and polo shirt.

show off of same wear.

As promised boxers and teeshirt.

show off of same wear.

And for the ladies .. teeshirt and bikini briefs ...

Sorry gals no show off of whats under the teeshirt and bikini briefs, too much showed up and I don't want to give the guys a "small man" complex ... :thumb:

So men (real men not the fake ones), man up carry your full sized gun and quit biatching. If I can do it at 5'6" and 190 lbs you pencil neck geeks can too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
That's remarkable! What equiptment do you use?

In lieu of my "hay guys I need my first handgun" thread, this really makes me feel a lot more comfortable about carrying a full size GLOCK. (Be it in 9mm/.40/.45)

·
"Dolt"
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's remarkable! What equiptment do you use?

In lieu of my "hay guys I need my first handgun" thread, this really makes me feel a lot more comfortable about carrying a full size GLOCK. (Be it in 9mm/.40/.45)
Glock 17 with +2 mag and uncle mikes sidekick size 5. I dont condone UM/SK as the best option for CCW. I have used mine everyday for over two years with no problems but have never tried back flips or standing on my head with it. Remember I am now working as a nurse so best case I give you pills maybe wipe some butt, then I'm gone to the next house down the road.

If it where SHTF and a scuffle might happen I have a different holster with mag pouches for that, and I know I can do back flips in it safely.

The point I wanted to make in all this is that you can man up. There are NO excuses as to why you cant carry full size. If you choice not to then its your choice, its not "I cant" but its "I dont want"...

..to which I will promptly call you a vajayjay strip you of all your man points.

·
Never compromise.
5,674 Posts
I have carried a Glock 20 w/two spare mags concealed. I have also carried a Sig P220 concealed w/spare mags. It isn't hard if you plan properly. Usually I throw on a t shirt and a short sleeve button up, left unbuttoned, to cover my weapon.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Glock 17 with +2 mag and uncle mikes sidekick size 5. I dont condone UM/SK as the best option for CCW.
Google searched turned up nothing. In an effort to know more, I thought I'd ask: what is the UM/SK and why isn't it the best option for CCW? What is?

·
"Dolt"
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Google searched turned up nothing. In an effort to know more, I thought I'd ask: what is the UM/SK and why isn't it the best option for CCW? What is?
http://executivegunworks.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/page29.html

Its soft use. Not something you would want during hand to hand or physical work such as construction. If you have a physical job it wouldn't secure the weapon enough for my liking. If your the office type then it might be ok. I use it when running to the store or picking up the kids from school. If I have to work in the yard or when doing patient care I use a leather rig, which can handle a little more abuse and keep the weapon secure with more movement.

·
Registered
51 Posts
http://executivegunworks.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/page29.html

Its soft use. Not something you would want during hand to hand or physical work such as construction. If you have a physical job it wouldn't secure the weapon enough for my liking. If your the office type then it might be ok. I use it when running to the store or picking up the kids from school. If I have to work in the yard or when doing patient care I use a leather rig, which can handle a little more abuse and keep the weapon secure with more movement.
Ah, okay. That makes sense.

I've often wondered/worried about how secure I would need to make it. Is there anything wrong with going for a more secure leather type from the getgo? (Money is money, why not just buy one holster?) Can you recommend me a good concealed carry holster?

I apologize for my ignorance; all I have is the internet to give me an overview, you guys to take practical experience from and me to try it out!

As always, thanks again.

·
"Dolt"
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pretty much anything but a Blackhawk Serpa holster or any other holster with the release placed at the trigger.

Whoever came up with that idea should be shot.

·
"Dolt"
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What are these level two retention holsters I'm seeing? ( http://www.lapolicegear.com/fobus-level-2-thumb-lever-action-holster.html )

Is it good to have extra retention if you're not carrying inside the pants like Doc originally showed us? Is that a good model, or can i get more compact?
Never used one but something to remember is that its not an inside the waist band. Meaning it will be on the outside of your pants, which is fine if you wear a long shirt or are untucked.

If your a tucked guy I'd suggest this

http://www.lapolicegear.com/gaskinpaho.html

or this from the same site

http://www.lapolicegear.com/gaulseaminpa.html

If I had to pick one, it would be the first. I know a couple of guys that dont like it for whatever reason, but I have one and like it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If your a tucked guy I'd suggest this

http://www.lapolicegear.com/gaskinpaho.html
What if I don't tuck; I just post up pants or shorts and a shirt over it (I remember what you said earlier about size, trying different stuff out etc...) I just am curious if you can use that if you don't tuck the shirt in and still have it conceal pretty well... I don't want it to pop out during a date... as well know from your pictures, that comes later, right? :D:

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
When I saw the thread title and the poster I knew this had to be a thread about Doc's stomach :D:

·
Banned
1,711 Posts
I have a Glock 27, using the serpa belt holster, I don't have a problem with it. Thing is I wear long sleeve tshirts and it prints. I generally throw on a button up shirt over it loosely. I am 5'11, 140 though so I would have trouble concealing anything larger than a LCP.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts