Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone found this test of an Olympic Arms AR-15 and the guy does a great job and one I think none of us have the guts to do. I really like this video he does have a few problems with it not feeding but he does tell you what and when it happens and what its from. This is not from an Olympic Arms problem.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
That's hardly a torture test, I've hunted in worse conditions.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kahn do a video of the conditions take the time out to show that your AR-15 can take what he just did. This was to prove a point and I think the guy should get a job well done nothing less. I dont know of anyone else willing to take one of their ABC guns and do a test like this. My gun is a kit built gun and I treat it as if its a safe queen and wouldnt think of doing that.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Where did anyone say it was a torture test? All I saw was "test".

I've hunted in worse too, but I didn't drop my rifle in muddy water and shoot a bunch of rounds out of it right after.

·
6,686 Posts
Kahn do a video of the conditions take the time out to show that your AR-15 can take what he just did. This was to prove a point and I think the guy should get a job well done nothing less. I dont know of anyone else willing to take one of their ABC guns and do a test like this. My gun is a kit built gun and I treat it as if its a safe queen and wouldnt think of doing that.
How many guns do you know of that won't fire after being dropped in a puddle?
VERY few would fail after a bit of water intrusion.

I usually buy the best so I don't treat my weapons in that manner. I know they'll work b/c the military has done far worse to them than I ever will.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How many guns do you know of that won't fire after being dropped in a puddle?
VERY few would fail after a bit of water intrusion.

I usually buy the best so I don't treat my weapons in that manner. I know they'll work b/c the military has done far worse to them than I ever will.

How do you know if it will work when push comes to shove even if its a rifle brand used by the Military it dosnt mean its better it just means acceptable by Military standards. Im also one that dosnt belive in spend 800-1200 for an AR-15 to have the best name on the side of my rifle.

I think the guy did a good job on doing a test video of his AR-15 and its one I dont see anyone else saying oh I will do that and worse. This guy had the guts to do it and I also belive he did enough to jam the AR-15 or most any gun.

·
free man
626 Posts
Fwiw, I built an Olympic lower up back in 91ish. Have yet to ever have a malfunction of any kind to date. Zero. Nadda

·
Registered
185 Posts
Once Again? KAHN at his best?

Hello all

RON L here - SERE SURPLUS

You all have to Forgive Poor old Kahn here, as always, he suffering from his same Delusions that his OPINIONS MEAN ANYTHING? From what I have seen from his many replies and Posts, this is one screwed up dude? His Experience is LIMITED, HIS OPINIONS MANY! GUN SNOB? Hardly, More like a 12 year old kid Mugging for his Buddies till MOM and DAD Beat his ass or SHOULD?

I spent 24 years in the Military, as well seen amny PUNKS like KAHN, The Testing the Militray Gives thier weapons before acceptance is through, but never should be trusted just DUE TO A WEAPONS "MIL SPEC", Morew Rookie BUILL**** form KAHN! Listening to Idiots like this will get ya Killed, while his Opinions many, he shows the attitude of sone with LITTLE REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE and that of someone with LOTS and LOTS of Comments but nothing to back it up?

Grown up KAHN! Most of us who have real work experience Tire of your JUVINILE CPOMMENTS and SILLY ASSED REMARKS! As DAD used to say and so applies today, "If you've nothibng constructive to add SHUT THE HELL UP"? Good advice to give to soeone without the sense to folow it himself, with out proding? How many newgroups are yout going to **** off insult and get shut down or banned from, before your childish ass learns?

All for now, sorry for the VENTING FOLKS! People that act Like Children **** me off, I don't come here to babysit and neither should the rest us have to!

ROn L - SERE SURPLUS

·
6,686 Posts
With 15+ years of competitive shooting under my belt, and several years in law enforcement, you know really, what would I know about guns? I've only had my hands on and fired just about everything out there at one time or another, and as for military standards? They create a standard, some are at the standard, many are above and many are below, but at least Mil Spec sets a baseline for comparison of all the products out there.

Now, I don't "pad" anything I say, anywhere, and I'm not going to start for you. So go ahead and get your panties out of a wad and If you don't like it, place me on your ignore list, I promise, it won't break my heart in the slightest.

As for the original topic, I was simply stating that the video was hardly a test and I wasn't impressed. Impressive would have been to oil up that gun, then bury the gun loaded with the bolt open in fine almost talc like North African sand for a week. Then to come back and pour 20 gallons of water over where it's buried, dig it up and fire it. If it worked after that, I would REALLY be impressed, but it's a AR-15 being "tested" not a AK or SKS... As for this video, Just about any gun will work after being dropped in a puddle. Ok, most likely the French built Chauchat machine gun won't work, but I don't know of many modern guns that dropping in a puddle would effect in the slightest. Also, point out where I stated anything bad about Olympic Arms in this post? Since they switched from cast to forged receivers, they're about as good as any other rifle. My personal beef with Olympic was their 7.62x39 pistol they marketed several years back that helped cause the cheap steel core 7.62x39 from China to be classified as AP handgun ammo by the BATFE (B**tards, A-holes, Thugs, Farkheads and Excrement) and therefore get banned from importation. THAT'S why I don't like Olympic. I'll step off the soap box on that matter and regress back to the "test video" at hand. Sorry, it just wasn't much of a test to be impressive in the slightest.

As for your insulting comments Ron, after reading your post, something tells me that many of my comments go right over your head and therefore, for some reason, you take them personally and as insulting. If I were you I'd check myself before accusing someone of being 12. Go back and read your post, whose the one that looks to be 12, or is English your 2nd language? Your attempted insults to me that aren't even in the proper form of a complete sentence aren't insulting to me in the slightest. Personally I find them humorous, but yet at the same time I pity the author of them for being shorted a proper education or suffering from a learning disability.

Now lets discuss your and you're fathers logic, it's immensely flawed. If someone is heading down the wrong path "saying something nice" to them and encouraging that they continue down their current path is actually rather cruel. That just ensures that they fall on their face or end up getting killed. Many times it's a snide or off-beat comment that gets their attention and really makes them think and therefore, drives the point home. Now, I for one am a grown man complete with wife, kid, job, mortgage and all that, but I do enjoy a good laugh. Maybe you should too, you'll live longer and happier....

P.S. - Little real world business advice for you "ROn," In all seriousness and in today's economy, you might want to take it to heart.

Acting like a jackass while displaying ones lack of an education and understanding of the English language isn't a good thing if you're going to attach the name of your business to that post where it's online where hundreds of thousands can see it. Can you say "shoot yourself in the foot" boys and girls? That's VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY bad for business. I'm gonna be nice and give you the best piece of advice someone with a new business can be given. ADVERTISING IS ALL ABOUT IMAGE, AND IMAGE MAKES MONEY and don't forget it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts