Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
3 more years of this?
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And want me to come back and work for them. I will get what I was making, 41k a year, my seniority, full vacation and benefits in 90 days, etc. I was the only supervisor they considered calling out of the ones they let go last year. I guess being layed off from a job and leaving with a handshake and thank you left a impression, along with some praying. May has been a good month:)

·
No Hope and Change for Me
215 Posts
This is a perfect example of why NOT BURNING the bridge on the way out the door and leaving with your head held high is the best way to handle these situations. Often, the employers hate having to make these reductions (I am one myself) and understanding that it is business and it affects people and their families, good things can still be in the future.

Congratulations.........:thumb:

·
May the Lord be with us
5,784 Posts
This is a perfect example of why NOT BURNING the bridge on the way out the door and leaving with your head held high is the best way to handle these situations. Often, the employers hate having to make these reductions (I am one myself) and understanding that it is business and it affects people and their families, good things can still be in the future.

I agree with NDorRD... Few things create more stress or anxiety for any decent, principled person than to have to let someone go... and I also agree that one remembers if a person handles such a situation with grace, dignity, and respect. Clearly you made an impression as a gentleman and a man to be respected.

I am so glad to hear that this is working out for you.

·
3 more years of this?
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
THe past year has been a learning experience of what I can live off of and dont need. Plan on taking the much needed income and putting away some for preps, bills, kids education and so on. I was expecting to go back as a hourly employee but this surprised me today.

On a side note they asked if I had worked anywhere. I mentioned the "epic failure" of a temp job I took at another local business (no breaks and unsafe work conditions) and they told me that they have heard of that and were wondering when the Dept of Labor and OSHA were going to get involved.

Anyways thanks to all here for keeping my hopes up and sound advice. It is much appreciated.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts

im used to the bridge burning ME

Reactions: svxak47

·
BeerSmurf
15,688 Posts
I agree with NDorRD... Few things create more stress or anxiety for any decent, principled person than to have to let someone go... and I also agree that one remembers if a person handles such a situation with grace, dignity, and respect. Clearly you made an impression as a gentleman and a man to be respected.

I am so glad to hear that this is working out for you.
I agree to all.....What goes around really does come around,congrats -dave-

Reactions: svxak47
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.