Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There are some old Carbon V Cold Steel SRK's available on e-bay. You can get a pretty good deal on used ones, if you work at it. Around 50.00. I bought one some time ago. The steel is the hardest I have ever tried to sharpen. That's probably not saying much, but is very hard steel. If you ever wanted one they are there.
These are like the one I have. Notice the nylon sheath and especially the short steep bevel grind. Super thick edge.
Just an FYI

cs srk s.jpg cs srk.jpg

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
I've got an older one with the nylon sheath.Very good and Spartan blade.
I wish they would have put a compartment on the sheath for a stone.

2,288 Posts
I think I paid a little under $60 for a Carbon V SRK on Ebay with the new style pastic sheath. I have not carried it and probably won't. I mostly bought it because they are not making Carbon V knives anymore. I'm not saying I won't use it but some stuff is going to hit the fan first. I have plenty knives. I have 5 Eks. I was buying them when they were cheap! I have one that I bought from "Little Joe" who worked at Ek....paid him $20. for a survival fighter because the logo was etched too far down the blade. (sorry of the thread hijack:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I bought one awhile back this year and so far I like it alot got it off of ebay works well so far skined a duck with it batoned and choped and it is still holding up good.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I had bought an SRK years ago, the early versions, in Carbon V. Actually, it's the same one the OP posted a pic of. I then moved and never found it.... until this year. I took the black finish off and sharpened her up (convex) and love her! Along with a Mora she goes with me backpacking. I thought about selling her when I found her but couldn't do it. Definitely a stout knife. I've seen guys take down the edge and get it razor sharp. The early Carbon V is great steel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts