Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lets have a quik recap Bear Stearns , fannie , freddie, lehman bro.s , AIG , nevada state bank, the city of veloe california , new mexico state bank and trust and don't count this one cause i'm not sure but i think kansas state bank went down as well oh forgot indy mac. so lets see whos next or is it easier to figure out whos left already?

so back to my question who do you think are the next 5 failures coming soon to an FDIC and FED near you?

tax payers get you wallets out or better yet buy wallets for your little ones so they can take them out :mad:

·
Registered
171 Posts
I heard mutual of omaha was in negotiations to buy out shares of some of the ones that fell. so my bet goes there

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
lets have a quik recap Bear Stearns , fannie , freddie, lehman bro.s , AIG , nevada state bank, the city of veloe california , new mexico state bank and trust and don't count this one cause i'm not sure but i think kansas state bank went down as well oh forgot indy mac. so lets see whos next or is it easier to figure out whos left already?

so back to my question who do you think are the next 5 failures coming soon to an FDIC and FED near you?

tax payers get you wallets out or better yet buy wallets for your little ones so they can take them out :mad:
I'm no expert in this field but I can't help but think that there were a lot of companies relying on regular payments from those going under in order to stay afloat themselves. There has to be a chain reaction taking place. Those next in line are scrambling to find a way to survive or stay afloat now that they aren't going to be getting their regular payments from Lehman Bros. or Merril Lynch or AIG. Some may have enough assets to make while others are almost sure to fall. It will be interesting to see. I wish I could get my 401K money now before it's too late. Not a lot but nearly 20 grand. That's a lot of preps.

·
The end is near.
1,376 Posts
mgd_only, I'm not sure who I could even pick from. In other words, I don't know the main players so I'd be hard pressed to choose which are going down next.

You know more than I about this. I'd like to hear which ones you think are going down and what the effect will be, in your opinion, if you don't mind.

·
The end is near.
1,376 Posts
Man, 5 members commented while I was typing up my response. lol. Makes my message look funny coming out of left field.

·
BowHunter
2,232 Posts
I'm no expert in this field but I can't help but think that there were a lot of companies relying on regular payments from those going under in order to stay afloat themselves. There has to be a chain reaction taking place. Those next in line are scrambling to find a way to survive or stay afloat now that they aren't going to be getting their regular payments from Lehman Bros. or Merril Lynch or AIG. Some may have enough assets to make while others are almost sure to fall. It will be interesting to see. I wish I could get my 401K money now before it's too late. Not a lot but nearly 20 grand. That's a lot of preps.
And the dominoes start falling.

·
one day at a time
2,478 Posts
Neil cavuto, Stated that this is a cover up that will lead to a bigger problem. switched to cnbc then cnn. Thay stated the bail out of AIG is going to bring credit down plumiting.
Screw ratings and canceling cards. possiable the credit infistructer is next.

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the correction blue123 .

well i as well am not the most well versed in this but here gos
washington mutual however mutual of omaha will be kick'n @ss and takin names i think
now i know electronic stores aren't banks but i see many of them failing cause of no extra cash to buy things now. i don't have five things that i see failling cause i just don't know whats really going on anymore in the market place

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
well the good news is that it doesnt have ta be brokerage houses or hedge funds commodity traders and such it will be regional banks.

the deal to save AIG means that now the salvage work can be done w an unlimited off budget treasury so as to insure any losses to come. they can if they are willing to pile up massive future debt. (see no reason fer em ta stop now) cover all w this one move.
as the fed can now use its own legal company to underwrite any garbage they need.
and they also can now thru selective insuring ensure the survival of those large institutions they want to keep and steer consolidations they way they want to go.

tin hat time--- you want a way to consolidate a monetary system - this is tailor made for it. govt sanctioned -- taxpayer funded-- banker administered - w fed res oversight

Reactions: mgd_only

·
not a nut
1,629 Posts
How many state budgets are really hurting?
Many on the payroll might get laid off or see a cut in pay.

·
not a nut
1,629 Posts
well the good news is that it doesnt have ta be brokerage houses or hedge funds commodity traders and such it will be regional banks.

the deal to save AIG means that now the salvage work can be done w an unlimited off budget treasury so as to insure any losses to come. they can if they are willing to pile up massive future debt. (see no reason fer em ta stop now) cover all w this one move.
as the fed can now use its own legal company to underwrite any garbage they need.
and they also can now thru selective insuring ensure the survival of those large institutions they want to keep and steer consolidations they way they want to go.

tin hat time--- you want a way to consolidate a monetary system - this is tailor made for it. govt sanctioned -- taxpayer funded-- banker administered - w fed res oversight
I'm sure they will use it to their full advantage, don't know if it will help us any :rolleyes:

·
Registered
282 Posts
well seeing as how this is my bank i just heard on CNN washington mutual has just lost a bunch of stock and may be the next major bank here in CA to go im about to today take out most of my money before it happens.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Well, It appears that the government has come to the rescue to bail out AIG.

They have just shown us that they wont allow the markets to crash. What a relief.

The reaction from Lehman Bros faliure was small potatoes compared to what could have happened if they allowed AIG to go under.

I think it will pick up from here.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts