Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Ding... Thanks for playin
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have wanted one of these since I first saw it in 1986 in a Dokken video…

First this one:

Then this one…

At the time they were made only for George Lynch (George & Randy Rhoads are my two favorite guitar players) BUT you could get one for $10,000 if you REALLY wanted one…

So now 26 years later my son and daughter (both guitar players) call me Tuesday night and say, “ hey dad, this guy that the music store has one of those guitars you wanted on the wall. He bought it in 2009 for $3,600 but his wife who is pregnant told him he needs to sell it to pay it off. She did not want the payment anymore”.

I asked how much, and they said he showed my son the payment book and he owes $775.00 if he paid it off at one time or more if he went and finished the payment book month by month on it so for $800.00 he would let it go.

Needless to say I rode out there and after playing it for an hour I told the guy I would take it. So last night my wife & I ride out to the store and I brought it home… Has the certificate of authenticity with it and plays like a dream… So after 26 years I have one… I could always sell it on eBay if I ever needed to and at least double the money… There is one on their now for I think $4,000…. But it has the coffin case, this one has the regular hard case with it…

It needs a good cleaning so I am going to take it apart and the F/Rose and clean and oil get it in top shape and then I MAY let my son take it and play at the church with it... now THAT should open some eyes! hahaha

Attachments

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, when does your video come out? Congrats.....I have the same dream for a 1966 Ford Bronco.
I played in a metal band YEARS ago... mid 8o's... I wish I had this then... Oh well... I may have to get the band back together now... ! Our drummer is still playing in his band and the rest I would have to track down, hahaha

·
Always have an exit
3,711 Posts
Go for it, I seen Neal Young has a new album out? What ever happened to Dokken? Randy Roads was OZZY.....

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Go for it, I seen Neal Young has a new album out? What ever happened to Dokken? Randy Roads was OZZY.....

Dokken has a new CD out but it is only Don Dokken, the rest is new guys... And he can't sing like he used to... Age and weight get to us all...

Then:

and now

Yes Randy got famous with Ozzy but he started Quiet Riot first..

Reactions: Bearack

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
They tour together with Lynchmob actually. Once Don lost his mind, Lynch vowed to never play as a band member with him again, but as a different band, sure :)

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From 1996

Reactions: TxHills

·
Member - it's a euphemism
770 Posts
Heh, I remember the only time I ever saw them play, it was in a bar several years ago. I recall George Lynch flinging a beer bottle across the room at Don when the show was over, and it was tear down time.

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Randy in Quiet Riot late 76 thru 79

And if you notice some of the stuff he plays here is what he did with Ozzy on his show solos...

Randy was meant for greatness...

Then with Ozzy

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I went to see the Scorpions in Germany and I believe I seen Dokken as the warm up band?
Very possible, they toured there with a BUNCH of bands as the open act...

·
Always have an exit
3,711 Posts
Very possible, they toured there with a BUNCH of bands as the open act...
I still have the Concert tickets from Germany from the early 80's. I will look tonight. Loved German concert tickets....works of art. Kept them all, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, Whitesnake, Scorpians.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
I still have the Concert tickets from Germany from the early 80's. I will look tonight. Loved German concert tickets....works of art. Kept them all, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, Whitesnake, Scorpians.
I saw Scorpions here at the Big Mac.. One of the best live shows I've seen. Their original Album cover to Virgin Killers was a tad over the top, however.

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok, most times I don’t respond to these but I got a PM saying I did not buy this…

SO I took some more photos to show/prove and I did say I was a Randy fan also…

Attachments

1 - 20 of 40 Posts