Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
nyc here - 10am sunday - MAYBE 4 inches on the ground - city paralyzed - I should have a painless commute to work tomorrow as everyone will be trying to dig their way to Starbucks to get their latte!!

Just saw our anti-gun mayor - sounds like he is saving NYC with his bare hands - I live in lower manhattan - there is nothing major out there!!

Long Island always gets creamed!!!

·
Vampire Slayer
6,852 Posts
Virginia here. We have about 2 feet of snow. Came in light though, no accumulation on the power lines. We had the generator staged and ready to go, plenty of water, etc. but we have not lost power.
I made a few loaves of bread Friday afternoon, filled a thermos with coffee and topped off the heated water troughs. Otherwise, we were already prepped and ready for bad weather.
My son put a black plastic trash bag over the satellite dish, the bag sheds the snow and we didn't lose internet.
It is a pain post-holing out to the chickenhouse and the stable, but I guess a little exercise wont hurt me.
Sadly, I am unable to help DH shovel the driveway (doctor's orders).:D:

·
workin on it......
1,110 Posts
20 inches here total. light powdery snow, so no power outage ( so far). Just did the plowing this morning. Hubby had snow call for work so he was gone until about 10 am saturday morning. He just made it home. The whole engine compartment was packed with snow when he got here in the Bronco. They always consentrate on the interstate and main artiries because of idiots who think they're above the suggestions of the LEO's to stay home. Our hard top road more than likely won't see the state plow trucks until very late tonite or early tomorrow morning. school has been cancelled for tomorrow, and some are saying probably for the whole week because xmas break is this week.
We had plenty of everything. Made a big pot of chili and corn muffins. Having leftovers today ( num)
I did find that I need a new pair of snow boots. Mine aren't leaking too bad yet, but it's something I need to get. Along with some longjohns. Need an extra pair. Guess I'll wait on the after xmas sales.
Have no idea if hubby is going into work later to do snow removal or not.

·
Registered
14 Posts
N.E. Pa. here, Only got about 2-in. It is a welcome change because we are usually the ones getting hammerd! They got 10-in just an hour south, about 2-ft, 2-hrs south.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Far Southeastern Massachusetts - - we got about 6 - 8 inches on the ground wind still pushing over 40 -- power out when I got up at 6 am -- made coffee and put out some food for the dogs then read until the power came back on - - 2 hours later

·
My Temperature is Right
5,578 Posts
Well as a survivor of the great wintery mix of 2009 I gotta tell ya it was rough but today the sleet all gone the roads are dry the sun is out it's 50 deg life is good again. I hear Maureen McGovern singing.

·
Registered
630 Posts
vegas here 0 inches and no sign of any but the mountians. WHEN THE HELL ARE WE GONNA HAVE A WHITE CHRISTMAS....SEND US SOME OF THAT WHITE STUFF! :mad:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Things here were bad the first night it hit. I knocked out the power to about 80,000 people in the surrounding counties. Traffic was scary when it first hit too. There were hundreds of wrecks and traffic was at a stand still for a bout 7 hours.

However once they were able to get the plows out and salt trucks the next day things started getting better. It is still snowing here, but I was out on the roads last night ad they are looking good. I was very impressed by the local governments ability to deal with the snow storm.

However the surrounding poorer counties are not so lucky. Most of Carter County is still without power.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts