Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Getting there....
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a .308 Saiga, but I really want a Kalashnikov in 5.45x39. Are the Romanian WASR-2 rifles a good purchase? I don't have the $900+ to drop on an Arsenal/Bulgarian or a Tantal. I've heard the Romanian 5.45 has issues with magazines fitting the mag well.

Any experience with these?

·
Forum Administrator
16,847 Posts
I have a WASR-10, did you see the video I made of it? Do you have high speed internet to watch the videos?

·
Pastor
1,965 Posts
I purchased a .308 Saiga, but I really want a Kalashnikov in 5.45x39. Are the Romanian WASR-2 rifles a good purchase? I don't have the $900+ to drop on an Arsenal/Bulgarian or a Tantal. I've heard the Romanian 5.45 has issues with magazines fitting the mag well.

Any experience with these?
Try gunbroker.com
And find a recieving dealer near your home.
You can save hundreds on a Bulgaian, as well as a Tantal.
I like the Bulgy much better then the Polish version, but if dallors are the issue, I can not recommend one over the other, as for anything other than the ones I listed.

·
Getting there....
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I saw a Tantal on Gunbroker for $599. I'm thinking hard of selling the Saiga & ammunition to put toward purchasing a Tantal.

·
Getting there....
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Video...

I have a WASR-10, did you see the video I made of it? Do you have high speed internet to watch the videos?
Yeah, I did. It was much better than the last one as you covered all the potential issues with a Romanian. I'm leaning more toward the Bulgarian/Tantal simply because I've seen these two up close and I've never found a flaw in either's manufacturing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts