Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Ding... Thanks for playin
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is about GUN SAFETY the need for it ALWAYS​

This is from another board I belong too and this was I thought something to show WHY you need to be careful. Everybody here has or is buying guns and you never want to admit that you may not know everything about it. Well in every class we do we PREACH safety and below is a great example why...
This is again copied and pasted as is from another site... Not my post

Don't open if you have a weak stomach. (NEW PICS!!)
Ok well I thought I would share this image so everyone understands to always always always make sure there is no round in the chamber when cleaning your gun and on top of that don't put your hand in front of the barrel anyways even if you are 100% sure the chamber is cleared. Good gun safety and gun handling could have avoided this.

The story here is a kid I used to be good friends with but I haven't seen in a long time was cleaning his .40 not sure what make/model it is, but thats not the point, well turns out there was a round in the chamber and he managed to pull the trigger and discharge his firearm into his hand. This is an image that I'm putting way lower on the screen so you have the opportunity to not look at after reading what it is but if you want to see what a .40 bullet does to a hand feel free to scroll down and take a look.
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`

·
Registered
192 Posts
exact same thing happened to my friend with a 45 except the didnt need to take off the finger.. same hand and everything though... except on my buddy it went through his leg as well

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just shows you that you can NEVER be to safe, treat every gun as loaded always...

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Makes you think about checking and checking again when you are about to clean you pistols...

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bet it did not even hurt until the next day...

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I once was cleaning a Smith & Wesson 44 mag stainless. It had the bad trait if getting leaded up and it made the cylinder hard to rotate. I cleaned and cleaned and finally got it free and moving smooth. I put one round in it and rotatated the culinder to make sure it was free. All good sitting watching the game I pulled the trigger and blam. Shot the sliding glass door out when through the door of my cherry 48 Ford truck and through the seat hit the back of the cab and went out the side window. The bullet would have hit anyone who might have been the truck right in the heart. The worst thing was my little boy had a habit at two years old of walking all the way around the room on the edge and had just made a round past the door I shot out. I never put a round in a gun unless I am putting it up for protection. I never have one under the hammer or in the chamber. I was just stupid lucky that time and I figured it was my only chance to learn.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
theres a reason the real instructors are absolutely anal retentive about muzzle discipline on and off the range. weapon safety should be both second nature and a concious effort. When I saw that one kid on youtube with the camera in one hand and the pistol in his wasteband try to draw and blew his big toe off, I think of just about every yahoo thats ever done a ghastly ignorant thing like that and say:

·
Semper Gumby
158 Posts
I've seen 2 gunshot wound in my life and they're not as bad as that one.
The first person it went thru his back (didnt hit any bone) and lodged in his armpitt just under the skin. They had to wait till the bruising went down to get it out.
The second one a shooter was on the firing line with a scoped .45 shooting wadcutters. He was trying to get a better grip and with the meat part of his non-firing hand over the barrel and finger on the trigger. I built the gun so I was part of the investigation. It was deemed his fault. He was back on the firing line the same day. What probably saved him was the reduced load in the round he was firing, you could stand behing the person and watch the round go downrange.
Rich

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
A while back I was at my fathers place and I asked him why he glued a .223 to his gun safe door.

He told me that was the round that could have killed him or someone else had he not checked his rifle first. The rifle was thought to be empty but he always treats firearms like they are loaded and when he pulled back the charging handle out popped the round that is now glued to the safe as a reminder to continue to check and recheck then do it again.

·
Certifiable
723 Posts
About 1986 a Marine blew one of the armory's at Camp Pendleton all to hell. After a training exercise he was turning in a rocket pack, one of the old fourpacks. He put it up business end first and the trigger snagged. The backblast cooked him and the rocket got everyone in the armory. Just another fun day in the Corps.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
That's one of those things you only do once......

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Never too safe... we preach it at every class... I have kicked people out of the shooting in range part for not following the safety rules we went over and over and over and over...
Had one guy draw to shoot and swung his 9mm across half the people standing there.... The gun was removed and so was he

Reactions: puzzler

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dw.... why post that crap?

Reactions: Idaho

·
Unemployment sucks.
686 Posts
I had a Captain who learned the lesson the hard way. We refered to him as nine fingers after that. The worst gun shot wound i had to deal with was the young girl who found here dads .45 loaded and shot her self in the foot. Fortunatly she survived.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Wolf, sorry to hear this.

My Dad was shot in the back when walking across a porch with a loaded 16 ga. single he tripped and fell. He tossed the gun which hit the ground fire and hit him in the shoulder blade. He was about 15 yrs old and is 67 now and still picking #7 bird shot out. Guess how many safety lessons he has given me?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
The guy at the gunshop said it and I'll repeat it here. Always work the slide 3, 4, 5, 6 times.
This is DEFINITELY a situation where being an obsessive compulsive is a benefit.. Whenever I do anything to my gun out of my holster, I instantly release the mag, slide back to eject the round in the chamber and then slide it another 3 or so times, even IF I saw the round eject. And on the last slide, I look inside to see if I can see all the way through to the floor..

Then I yell and run around with the gun aimed at my head while pulling the trigger to goof people out.. It's such a blast..

Ok, I was joking.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts