Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Ding... Thanks for playin
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not an complete updated detailed list and photos but it is a good chunk of what one of my grab and go bags consist of. Everything you see in the photos does in fact fit in the bag. This is where you really learn to pack right and tight! Everything in here is useful and no un-needed luxuries. There are some more things that I did not pull out of the all the pockets and zippered storage areas…

This is the one that goes with me most times, I have 4 others packed close to this one with a few different things for different family members and needs. Each vehicle has bags in the them plus we take these with us. Now also not in the photos is cell phone and extra charged batteries. The Goal Zero solar charger works great for charging cell phones and the 4 “AA” batteries. You can even attach the Goal Zero to your pack opened all the way and just continue to hike and let the sun do it’s job! Then there is also a package of 12 123 batts for the SureFire lights.

Anyhow I figured I would show most of what was in this particular bag and if you have any questions I will do my best to answer…

Godspeed…
Gunner

Attachments

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your bag looks really good. Do you have an estimate of home much you spent on it?
Hmmm No not really to be honest. Between all the bags and what I bought and what I got from sponsors I really have no idea... Sorry...

·
Forum Administrator
6,536 Posts
Very nice! Do you know the approximate weight off hand?

Reactions: Gunner65

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice! Do you know the approximate weight off hand?
No sorry and I would not even want to guess... But it really is not that bad, less then you may think... but more then some. For me I can carry it, my wife could also for a shorter amount of time if she had to...

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I may figure a way to weigh this for you this weekend....

Reactions: MTShawn

·
Forum Administrator
6,536 Posts
Cool, I am in the process of redoing a couple of bags. I like what you did with yours and may use the ideas for my teenage boys.

Reactions: Gunner65

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
very nice setup. couple questions for you if you don't mind.

is that bag a rush 72? and what kind of knife is that in picture 14?

No the bag is a ASAP and it came with some of the gear but I changed and added what I wanted in this...

The knife in pic 14 is a older Kershaw Outcast... I am not sure if they make it any more. They may have replaced it with another model by now.. I love it great knife and holds a great edge...

The ax is Kershaw also... : http://www.kershawknives.com/productdetails.php?id=168&brand=kershaw

Well I looked and now they make this model of the knife: http://www.kershawknives.com/productdetails.php?id=780&brand=kershaw

The knife in photo 15 next to the lock is a Benchmade: http://www.benchmade.com/products/175
Hope that helps...

·
Navy Commander
13 Posts
Nice M&P! Something you may want to look into...A Zebralight headlamp...Run on a single CR123...can be very bright or only a few lumens (on low will last for 21 days of continous use) and one battery lasts a LONG time. they also have them in AA which would work well with your solar charger.

·
Double tap
691 Posts
Nice job Gunner. What is the grey and white round plastic device on a paracord tether in the first picture? A compass/altimeter (what brand) or Backtracker? If so how do you like it?

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am curious. Is the Harmonica a multifunction unit? :D:

• Weapon: throw it or use as a fist weight
  • Signaling: reflect light or produce loud sounds
  • Entertainment: play "music", possibly impressing members of the opposite sex sufficiently to become a companion
It helps pass the time if needed and can be calming... Kinda hard to pack one of my guitars in there!

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice job Gunner. What is the grey and white round plastic device on a paracord tether in the first picture? A compass/altimeter (what brand) or Backtracker? If so how do you like it?
Bushnell Backtracker... I like it... I can save three points on this one... This was one of the first models...

1 - 20 of 102 Posts