Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On vacation with my family here in gulf port ms. I saw what appears to be oil in the incoming tide this evening. Also when you dig down about two inches into tue sand there is black ooze. So much for the official stand thT the oil is gone. It is a shame how this is being covered up and not even reported in the so called free Press.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Same thing in many places. I watched them push the sand back bury the oil and cover it up. They did this day and night for weeks. My brother lives on the beach and he said the same thing happened in front of his home. Out of sight out of mind.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
From my understanding there isnt much of that beyond MS. There are still a few oil spots every now and then in the Florida panhandle but that is generally a natural occurrence. I believe the Pensacola area was the worse affected in Florida. Anyway, it will probably take several decades for the oil to "work" it's way further into the mantle as it was before the spill.

·
Psalm 31:3
443 Posts
The problem is they only addressed the oil on the surface. There is still oil trapped under water around the 100 foot and below range.

·
Sua Sponte
976 Posts
Imagine a global disaster/collapse. Do you suppose all of those oil rigs around the world, thousands of them, will be shut down properly? Imagine thousands of these gulf spills happening around the world, and nobody working to shut them down.

YMMV,
Chad

·
Banned
865 Posts
The oil is still around. The MILLIONS OF GALLONS of Corexit that was dumped into the ocean to disperse the oil, yeah thats still around too. That **** is waaaaaaaaaay worse than the oil will ever be. Its gonna put a hurting on A LOT of people and the wild life as well. They are starting to find weird lesions on fish. Bad. Thats why Im getting the hell outta here ASAP. BTW I moved to the Pensacola area about a month before the spill happened. You know how awful it is living 2 blocks from the beach and not ever wanting to step foot on it? Its like dangling a twinkie in front of Oprah and telling her she cant eat it. Its so sickening to see and think about I really have nothing to say anymore.

Oh and Im not a real firm believer in 2012, but if the **** starts splattering the fan? I believe that 4/20/2010 began the countdown to the Apocalypse.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Most of the oil wasn't cleaned up, it was just hidden. The oil on the surface was broken down into smaller particles by using the harmful Corexit so it would sink and not be visible to people. Oil on the sand was just buried and that's what you must have saw oozing.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I've heard there's still massive environmental damage & tar balls from the Exon Valdez spill. I've never been in that area so I don't know if it's true or just more drivel from the Enviro-nazis.

However, the B.P. spill was exponentially worse than the Exon Valdez so what ever the out come of Exon Valdez was, it will be light years worse from the B.P. spill. Funny how there's not a peep from the enviro-nazis over the B.P. spill. I don't usually listen to what the E.N.s have to say so perhaps they ARE screaming about it but, just not getting the usual cooperation from the news media who are usually too quick to help the E.N.s to restrict public & private land use.

considering the massive volume of oil that was dumped, it's not unrealistic to think that a large portion of the gulf could end up completely void of life. Not to mention the damage caused by the chemicals that (acording to conspiracy theorists) were used to desolve much of the oil.

The B.P. spill was easily an environmental holocaust equal (or worse) to the nuclear plant melt downs in japan. Keep your ears to the ground on this subject as I GAURENTEE you'll be hearing some UGLY things in the future. There's just no way all that oil is gone but, HEY Obama said it was okay & we all know he wouldn't lie. ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Unfortunately, I cancelled a trip this early summer to the Gulf Coast area for this very reason. What happened to those down there is nothing more than a cover up of the situation oil and how it was handled!! I decided to head over to the southern Jersey Shore (not sure if that is any better though, LOL). But, my big family trip will be to the OBX this summer. However, the problem there is the ongoing wild fires!! Anyway, have to agree with others as to where are the EN's vis a vis the Gulf and the Carolina Wildfires as well as the SW wildfires??

·
Improvise Adapt Overcome!
12,005 Posts
For those on the Pan Handle, how far East is the contamination? I was wanting to move to Carrabelle at one point. Are those waters safe? at risk, or already poison?

·
Banned
12,043 Posts
Not being covered up. Anyone with a brain knows the oil is still there.

Repeat after me:

Everything is fine. Come to the coast. Have a few laughs. Eat some shrimp.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
it would be nice if people banded together to send BP boxes and boxes of 'geological samples' made up of these sludgy deposits. COD. document and show the media- if theyre still bought blog it- post pics on blogs, video on youtube, etc.the only excuse for ignorance in the information age is laziness.

·
silenced
3,002 Posts
i dont know if its still standard practice, but the military helped silence the media and the EN from getting any kind of info out on the msm. BP also hired mercenary like companies(ones like blackwater) along side our military to keep everything hush hush. msm even reported on it once from what i remember.
they are also finding stuff on our side of the gulf, just not as much. ive seen reports it has gotten to galveston and south, but forget how far south it has reached(id imagine its touched most every part of the gulf, just not strong concentrations in alot of it)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts