Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
To secure peace is to...
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go. For all of you out there with spouses who don't believe that anything bad can happen, present them with this. Although I don't think the oil companies will stop production to the U.S. (we give them way too much money) they could cut production, driving up the price and causing an oil crunch in the country. That crunch could also cause food shipments, etc. from arriving to your local grocer and Wal-Mart.

http://africa.reuters.com/wire/news/usnDAH452978.html

·
DILIGENTIA VIS CELERITAS
727 Posts
I think they did this to us over the summer. The prices seemed to start falling after it was announced the US would send an Envoy to Iran. I have also noticed in my area that gas went up .10 a gallon overnight after the fighting in Gaza started.
On another note, in my state a few years ago a gas pipeline broke (the smaller of 2 that supply my state) and within days you could not find gasoline. Prices skyrocketed, People would line up just for the chance to get gas. There were fights and hoarding too. So yes this could cause problems.

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
It's all based on supply-and-demand folks.

The prices you see at the pump today were negotiated months ago. Read: commodities trading and futures markets.

Any relation to prices going up this weekend and the Israeli adventure in Gaza are purely coincidental.

Oil companies would never reduce refining production in order to raise the price, it has an immediate diminishing return for them.

I have some knowledge of how this works ... my father has been a petroleum exploration geologist and consultant in USA, Iran, Israel and elsewhere for more than 50 years. My brother is head of worldwide oil and gas exploration for one of the largest private petro companies in the world.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts