Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Governor is shutting down any and all schools in the state Monday March 16th until April 3rd. Maybe longer depending ... Anyone that can work from home he urges them to do this. He is asking for businesses to close that can to limit person to person contact. Ohio Emergency Management guesses there may be 100,000 people in the state that might have the infection. They are saying end of April beginning of May the Coronavirus may peak with 40% of the Ohio population infected. So many unknowns yet ... panic mode has just gone to a 10 for me.

·
Registered
280 Posts
thanx, i seen his speech yesterday? anyway',s he did make reference to some of that in it so wasn't really much surprise.. most of it sounded like common sense.. think before you do "stuff".. i did notice he nor those with him made any mention of the mask issue.. unless i missed it..

·
Father of 11 husband of 1
10,649 Posts

·
Father of 11 husband of 1
10,649 Posts
I went out the other day and folks were polite and calm but filling up their carts at BJ's.

Went back today, we decided to do our normal,weekend shopping today instead of Saturday, good call. Still plenty of stuff but the mood was a lot more tense as Governor DeWine, closed all k-12 schools (not including online or home schoolers, so my grandchildren are bummed out.) after tomorrow.

Most folks were doing okay today but I did see a couple of flareups from people distressed by not finding things they wanted. I haven't seen any price gouging so far but have heard of unconfirmed,isolated cases. (pint bottles of isopropyl alcohol for over $5 at a local Walmart.)

I did see a couple of women arguing in the parking lot they looked like it might get ugly but the one was smart enough to just walk away.

St, Pat's Day is a big deal in Cleveland but it has pretty much been canceled, at least publicly.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pretty much everything like bars and resturants are closing tonight. If they have a drive up window, that will be the only way to get their food. Some resturants are talking about bringing food out to your car. All the big box stores have now limited hours they are open. I bet my gym will close for a while. I'm not going there for now even if they are open. physical distancing is an issue there. The people are still filling the stores. I drove by Walmart yesterday and every parking place look full, even the far out outlots. Looked like Black Friday. I was out of town yesterday and stopped at some out of the way stores and even those places had bare shelves. I did find some things I wanted that you can't find in the bigger cities. Gov. Dewine is having a TV news conference today at 2PM (3/16) to announce all the new mandatory procedures.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ohio just added closing all hair salons, tattoo parlors, and all but 5 BMV locations at EOB today. City of Columbus also declared a state of emergency.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts