Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just watched Pres Trump Addressing The Nation. He is putting a stop by calling out the military.

·
Dog Lives Matter
6,134 Posts
Calling the military in will not do much. They cannot carry loaded weapons. All they can do is assist the police with arrests.

One of my friends was in the Illinois National Guard. He was called up during the King riots in the 1960s. He said they were patrol one night in a truck with a machine gun mounted on the top. All of a sudden, they heard yelling and shouting. Then they saw a couple of hundred black guys charging at them with baseball bats and pipes. They were still down the street when a guy on the truck swung the machine gun toward them. The streets emptied and went totally quiet. What the mob didn't know is the machine gun had no ammo.

Today, I think miscreants are wise to that, or they will shoot first. The National Guard members will be defenseless.

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Calling the military in will not do much. They cannot carry loaded weapons. All they can do is assist the police with arrests.

One of my friends was in the Illinois National Guard. He was called up during the King riots in the 1960s. He said they were patrol one night in a truck with a machine gun mounted on the top. All of a sudden, they heard yelling and shouting. Then they saw a couple of hundred black guys charging at them with baseball bats and pipes. They were still down the street when a guy on the truck swung the machine gun toward them. The streets emptied and went totally quiet. What the mob didn't know is the machine gun had no ammo.

Today, I think miscreants are wise to that, or they will shoot first. The National Guard members will be defenseless.
They will be fully armed as he put it. They are already starting in DC. TV will be interesting tonight.

·
reluctant sinner
16,668 Posts
I am 100 % for peaceful protest. Want to stand somewhere with your sign and chant, I have no issue. Want to stand in the road and block traffic, don't be asking me for help or sympathy when you get your dumb butt run over.

Want to loot or destroy other peoples property, they shoot rabid dogs, deserving so.

·
Dog Lives Matter
6,134 Posts
They will be fully armed as he put it. They are already starting in DC. TV will be interesting tonight.
Wow. The next step will be the Dems trying to impeach him for violating the Posse Comitatus Act by sending armed troops against "peaceful" demonstrators.

He'll have to do it under the Insurrection Act.

Insurrection Act

The Insurrection Act is brief. It allows the President, at the request of a state government, to federalize the National Guard and to use the remainder of the Armed Forces to suppress an insurrection against that state's government. It further allows for the President to do the same in a state without the explicit consent of a state's government if it becomes impracticable to enforce federal laws through ordinary proceedings or if states are unable to safeguard its inhabitants' civil rights.
Given what's going on, we are just about there.

I hope he sends guard members who already have combat experience.

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow. The next step will be the Dems trying to impeach him for violating the Posse Comitatus Act by sending armed troops against "peaceful" demonstrators.

He'll have to do it under the Insurrection Act.

Insurrection Act

Given what's going on, we are just about there.
That's right, he is doing it under the Insurrection Act. People who are peacefully and quietly protesting are ok. It's the idiots who are coming in and destroying, looting and attacking people that he is sending the military against. Oh, I totally expect the leftist heads are spinning right now chomping at the bit to try.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Getting pretty serious about clamping down on stuff. I wonder what their rules for engagement would be....obviously throwing molotov cocktails at people is one thing and could be met with force but video of the military shooting civilians for breaking windows or setting an empty car on fire would just make things worse even if you think it's justified.

·
Bug-In Prepper
827 Posts
This is the part which has me most concerned:

"If a city or state refuses to take the actions necessary to defend the life and property of their residents, then I will deploy the United States military and quickly solve the problem for them."

That doesn't sound like the Insurrection Act, which requires state governors to request military intervention before troops may be sent to the state.

Either it's bluster or he's winging it and expecting the military to play along.

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is the part which has me most concerned:

"If a city or state refuses to take the actions necessary to defend the life and property of their residents, then I will deploy the United States military and quickly solve the problem for them."

That doesn't sound like the Insurrection Act, which requires state governors to request military intervention before troops may be sent to the state.

Either it's bluster or he's winging it and expecting the military to play along.
They were talking about the Insurrection act earlier today and maybe I got confused. That happens a lot unfortunately. But the talking heads were wanting him to use it and when he came out and started talking about using the military I just assumed that he did. As usual I assumed without learning the actual facts. I guess I got too excited and we all know what happens when we assume. LOL.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
When JFK had the national guard protect black students going to school it was under the same authority. He may say military, but he means national guard.

·
Sam Adams was right....
9,043 Posts
He really just needs to send a Seal team to pay a visit to Soros.....

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When JFK had the national guard protect black students going to school it was under the same authority. He may say military, but he means national guard.
You may be right but he did say national guard and military both.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
During the first Watts Riot in 1965 the National Guard was brought in. They had loaded guns and used them. They had to. I remember one National Guard road block where a sedan driven by rioters ran down a guardsman causing injuries. They didn't shoot. An hour later the same tactic was tried and the guardsmen opened up with M-1 rifles with armor piercing ammo and the car looked like Swiss cheese. The two occupants in the car were killed.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts