Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
American fearmaker
14,248 Posts
And there were naysayers who told us that the officer was going to get off because he was a cop. I still wonder if he will suicide or go to prison? Neither choice is a good one for him. And, obviously, the naysayers were wrong as predicted.

·
snafu
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And there were naysayers who told us that the officer was going to get off because he was a cop. I still wonder if he will suicide or go to prison? Neither choice is a good one for him. And, obviously, the naysayers were wrong as predicted.
he has not been sentenced yet. there is still time.:D: I didn't say he'd get off I said he would get a slap on the wrist though.Hopefully I am wrong.

·
Registered
972 Posts
That is the right decision. The officer (White) had a patrol car for cover when he shot the individual for no apparent reason. I could not make out the command he gave milliseconds before pulling the trigger. But he had sufficient cover if he indeed feared the other man had a weapon.

Justice won out this time.

It has NOt won out in the Border Patrol incident. The border patrolmen, Ramos & Campeon, are innocent and should it never should have gone to court.

·
VA / NC
12,688 Posts
than you should be...................make your blood boil in favor of cops for once...........travisity of the Bush cabel.....:eek:

I am not a Bush fan, but that's a very incorrect statement. The Executive Branch can not interfer with the Judicial Branch of out system. That's why it is three seperate parts.

I don't know how long you have been a member of this board, but at the time we had many many members send emails and letters to President Bush asking for a pardon of these two agents before he left office. With the support of many Americans, President Bush did grant pardons.

Now, look at that versus the SEALs that were charged with hurting a terrorsit. That falls under the military system and we know who the Commander of that branch is. Were they made to go through the painful process ?

·
aka Mental Avenger
5,455 Posts
For the record, I never said that officer White was not guilty. I only pointed out, often to deaf ears, that some people were making harsh judgments against him without all the information. If the trial was conducted properly, the jury was given all the facts that were available. While it is easy to second guess the jury, it appears they made a just decision, even though 6 hours doesn’t seem very long to deliberate such a case. It’s a sad case all the way around, with no winners. Everyone involved loses.

·
Adventurer
19,333 Posts
the dude that got shot has all he needs to win a huge lawsuit against the police dept there

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.