Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Armed Border Collie
5,901 Posts
The officer seems to have done a very good job. He treated the citizen with a decent mix of respect and suspicion until the warrant was found and the subject proved to be a threat. When the officer was fired upon, he proved to be the better gunfighter with four hits. He was also lucky not to have been shot by Daniel Roy Smith.

The Deputy has one more thing that I admire, it's the ability to over-ride the adrenaline pounding through his system to stop shooting when his assailant is down instead of pulling the trigger until he is out of ammo. That show the training and skill he has.

·
Do you smell that?
4,591 Posts
In several of the press releases associated to this they claim the BG grabbed the officers gun. I dont think that was the case, but just odd. The officer did a damn good job. From the sound of the audio it sounded like he had the drop on the officer, but it got turned on him real quick.

Reactions: SSGNasty

·
Contego Libertas
6,775 Posts
In several of the press releases associated to this they claim the BG grabbed the officers gun. I don't think that was the case, but just odd. The officer did a damn good job. From the sound of the audio it sounded like he had the drop on the officer, but it got turned on him real quick.
Yeah I agree. It appeared as if he drew the gun from his right side just as they went off screen to the left.

·
Armed Border Collie
5,901 Posts
he did everything right, tried to treat the a-hole with respect and got shot at in return. too bad the officer didnt dump the whole mag into this piece of feces. glad the officer is ok. think he should get a commendation. :thumb:
I agree. I believe that I would have emptied my mag, reloaded, then emptied that one just to be safe. (As long as I had a third).

·
Banned
3,889 Posts
Well there were two firearms in the incident.

Very strange that the suspect charged him instead of drawing and firing while increasing standoff distance.

Good work on the officers part, looks like he kept the threat in check from behind the cruiser door till backup arrived. For some reason he had the flashlight in his shooting hand at around 4:30. I thought secondary object goes in the off-hand when approaching a suspect.

·
Banned
19,284 Posts
I'm happy to know the officer gets to go home to his family. I hope I don't sound cruel, but I wish he was killed. How much medical and incarciration(?) is this dirtbag gonna cost? Off with his head!!!!

·
high on truck stop coffee
18,854 Posts
That cop was waay to courteous to a black guy roaming the streets at night with a satchel of unknown contents.

...for being so politically correct,it almost cost him his life.

I'm sure they will use this vid to instruct the young officers in training.

·
Contego Libertas
6,775 Posts
That cop was waay to courteous to a black guy roaming the streets at night with a sachel of unknown contents.

...for being so politically correct,it almost cost him his life.

I'm sure they will use this vid to instruct the young officers in training.
I disagree. After finding the info about the Halfway house, you know his senses were finely tuned to the situation. Probably why he WASN'T shot. He was subconsciously expecting something like that to happen.

·
Contego Libertas
6,775 Posts
got him!!!
check the two minute mark, looks like the dirt bag was checking on his gun.
You're right. from 1:53 until 2:08 he is making sure his Gun is ready to draw, and even thinks about drawing it then(judging from body language). Actually at 4:59 it appears as if he shifts his "satchel"/bag and draws the gun. This is just after the perp starts backing up, and the LEO says, "Mr. Smith, Don't do this". Either way it was a good job on the part of the LEO.:thumb:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts