Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the other forums I visit has an option for "Ninja Mode", which essentially is a plain skin. I have no problems using the Green skin currently, but there are times *ahem*at work*ahem* when a forest green page sticks out like a sore thumb. Is there any possibility of getting a skin that provides a little more "occupational camouflage"?:D:

·
Forum Administrator
16,730 Posts
One of the other forums I visit has an option for "Ninja Mode", which essentially is a plain skin. I have no problems using the Green skin currently, but there are times *ahem*at work*ahem* when a forest green page sticks out like a sore thumb. Is there any possibility of getting a skin that provides a little more "occupational camouflage"?:D:
Look at the bottom left hand side of the screen, you will see a drop down box with three options. You have the choice of default - which is blue, peacenowar - which is brown and then the green theme.

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,227 Posts
Or you could do like I did and change the colors of your programs at work to match the forum colors.... my boss thinks I am looking at my company e-mail when he see's me reading the forum

·
Forum Administrator
16,730 Posts
Dude that is so smart. My work blocked this forum... :(
Use a proxy server. A proxy server allows you to access certain sites that are blocked at work or school.

I am not endorsing this site, but this is an example of a proxy server - http://www.unblockworld.com/ Enter the address of the site you want to visit.

The bad thing, proxy servers are usually full of ads and pop-ups, so watch out for spyware / adware installers.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Dude that is so smart. My work blocked this forum... :(

Yeah...my work has a company-wide (33 branches in 8 or 9 states) filter program called "Websense." It sucks. It blocks all social groups, all sports, all weapons, all entertainment, and some other stuff. I am able to get Infowars.com which is my Home Page.

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
No offense Kev but as great as the site is and as much as I would love to check this site while at work its not worth losing my job over. Every site I go to is logged and monitored. With my interests its tough to check out any sites at work without without becoming "that crazy guy". :(

·
Semper non compos mentis
1,578 Posts
Use a proxy server. A proxy server allows you to access certain sites that are blocked at work or school.

I am not endorsing this site, but this is an example of a proxy server - http://www.unblockworld.com/ Enter the address of the site you want to visit.

The bad thing, proxy servers are usually full of ads and pop-ups, so watch out for spyware / adware installers.
Give it a try, but Websense is pretty Draconian. It probably blocks that site for providing "Proxy Avoidance" the way it does with others. :mad:

BTW it doesn't just control where you can go, but monitors and reports in detail on where you do go. Most other Internet filtering and web security systems do this as well these days. Bugger! :taped:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts