Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Haha
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am getting tired of people saying Obama is not going to ban guns.

So here it is his own words.

He will resign the AWB. And his agenda does include banning all Semi-Auto firearms.

Come to grips that he wants to ban any gun that is not lever, pump or bolt action.

Here is the one that got my attention.

Q: You said recently, "I have no intention of taking away folks' guns." But you support the D.C. handgun ban, and you've said that it's constitutional. How do you reconcile those two positions?

A: Because I think we have two conflicting traditions in this country. I think it's important for us to recognize that we've got a tradition of handgun ownership and gun ownership generally. And a lot of law-abiding citizens use it for hunting, for sportsmanship, and for protecting their families. We also have a violence on the streets that is the result of illegal handgun usage. And so I think there is nothing wrong with a community saying we are going to take those illegal handguns off the streets. And cracking down on the various loopholes that exist in terms of background checks for children, the mentally ill. We can have reasonable, thoughtful gun control measure that I think respect the Second Amendment and people's traditions.

This is what I got from his answer. he is willing to ban law abiding citizens rights to own handguns in DC if it will get rid of the illeagal ones in posession of criminals. It's just too bad that criminals don't care about the law and will possess firearms whether there is a ban or not.

http://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/Barack_Obama_Gun_Control.htm

-Cade

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just posted this in another thread but I'll post it here as well.

For a guy that disapproves so called "assault weapons" so much, he sure doesn't mind that these are the firearms that are being used to protect him by the secret service.

Sure I'll give you my so called "assault weapons" but if I do I want all of his secret service stripped of them as well. Why is his life any more important than any of ours. Why is it justified for him to be protected by "assault weapons" but our lives are not. As a combat veteran I can firmly say that no life is greater than another, including a president. If he can be protected by these firearms, we as citizens should be allowed to protect ourselves and our property with the same. The hypocrisy is amazing.

Just him becoming president elect has only brought the people to buy more "assault weapons." If he is so concerned about more of these "assault weapons" getting into the hands of the people, he should have never even run for president. We all know there has been a mass spike in the purchase of firearms since the election so in my eyes the man against so many of these firearms has done nothing but get more of them in our hands. Sure if a ban comes along some will give them up and some will not. It will be an interesting 4 years.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
and they're not nearly all for hunting, Brad.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
This makes his postion perfectly clear.

"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban as soon as I take office. Within 90 days, we will go back after kitchen table dealers, and work to end the gun show and internet sales loopholes. In the first year, I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."
--Barack Obama, VPC Fund Raiser, 2007

·
Registered
36 Posts

"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban as soon as I take office. Within 90 days, we will go back after kitchen table dealers, and work to end the gun show and internet sales loopholes. In the first year, I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."

What "internet sales loopholes" is he talking about? Gunbroker, Gunsamerica, etc. are all FFL to FFL or private party to FFL legal transfers. This guy makes no sense. Buying a gun online is no different than buying one locally. The gun goes straight to your receiver FFL, background done, waiting period conducted, firearm picked up. Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
12 Posts
What "internet sales loopholes" is he talking about? Gunbroker, Gunsamerica, etc. are all FFL to FFL or private party to FFL legal transfers. This guy makes no sense. Buying a gun online is no different than buying one locally. The gun goes straight to your receiver FFL, background done, waiting period conducted, firearm picked up. Am I missing something here?
Chances are the guy has no clue on how the process even works. It's common for politicians having no clue about the policies they preach.

I remember seeing an interview on TV where a reporter was interviewing an anti-gun advocate who insisted that any shotgun with a barrel shroud clearly needed to be banned because it was far more dangerous than any shotgun without it (of course anyone with any knowledge on the subject would know this is absurd). When the baffled reporter asked her if she could explain what a barrel shroud was, she danced around the question. Then after numerous attempts of dancing around the question the reporter finally got her to admit she had no clue what a barrel shroud was.

·
Haha
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How about that Brady guy going ballistic about a new type of ammo called "Black Rhino" that was suppose to mushroom and expand so much it puts hollow points to shame. The guy preached on his soap box for so long until someone finally informed him that the ammo was exaggerated and never truly made.

-Cade

·
Registered
18,814 Posts

Thank you for this.

It is VERY important information.

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
I remember seeing an interview on TV where a reporter was interviewing an anti-gun advocate who insisted that any shotgun with a barrel shroud clearly needed to be banned because it was far more dangerous than any shotgun without it (of course anyone with any knowledge on the subject would know this is absurd). When the baffled reporter asked her if she could explain what a barrel shroud was, she danced around the question. Then after numerous attempts of dancing around the question the reporter finally got her to admit she had no clue what a barrel shroud was.

You mean the "Shoulder thing that goes up"?

Clueless beeeeotches like Carolyn McCarthy should not even be allowed to vote much less run for national orifice..

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am getting tired of people saying Obama is not going to ban guns.

So here it is his own words.

He will resign the AWB. And his agenda does include banning all Semi-Auto firearms.

Come to grips that he wants to ban any gun that is not lever, pump or bolt action.

Here is the one that got my attention.

Q: You said recently, "I have no intention of taking away folks' guns." But you support the D.C. handgun ban, and you've said that it's constitutional. How do you reconcile those two positions?

A: Because I think we have two conflicting traditions in this country. I think it's important for us to recognize that we've got a tradition of handgun ownership and gun ownership generally. And a lot of law-abiding citizens use it for hunting, for sportsmanship, and for protecting their families. We also have a violence on the streets that is the result of illegal handgun usage. And so I think there is nothing wrong with a community saying we are going to take those illegal handguns off the streets. And cracking down on the various loopholes that exist in terms of background checks for children, the mentally ill. We can have reasonable, thoughtful gun control measure that I think respect the Second Amendment and people's traditions.

This is what I got from his answer. he is willing to ban law abiding citizens rights to own handguns in DC if it will get rid of the illeagal ones in posession of criminals. It's just too bad that criminals don't care about the law and will possess firearms whether there is a ban or not.

http://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/Barack_Obama_Gun_Control.htm

-Cade
Well the way I read it is, It doesnt say anything about taking guns away law abiding citizens, It says illegal guns off the street and fix the loopholes that let mental retarded and children from buying guns, Thats how I read it (look at the underlined part, thats exactly what he said)

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
SO a 10 year old walks into a gun store and buys an AK legally now huh?
Or someone obviously mental?
No.
Look at the ATF regs on discretion of retailer.
The guy behind the counter even thinks you have even the slightest issue and they are required to terminate any sale.
Did you read the actual language there? "take ILLEGAL guns off the streets."
Did I missing something or isn't there already something like that in any of the over 20,000 existing "common sense" laws already on the books?
Come on guys.
Enough is enough.
Look how the so called war on drugs is proceeding.
Real winner that one is....you betcha.
Now Barry and his sycophantic Brady center 'don't confuse me with the facts' troglodytes wants yet more laws against honest people.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts