• Thumbs up

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Thumbs down

Votes: 103 94.5%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Adapt and Overcome
597 Posts
Happened to be on when u posted. Lol. Have worked before and have a ton of family that works in healthcare. What they don't tell you is that all these insurances that Providers are now required to take don't pay squat and so a lot of the services are written off. That's a loss of income to the provider which in turn means he has to cut cost. People in my family have taken 5-15% paycuts because of this

·
Retired thinker
7,337 Posts
It’s a thumbs up for me personally but a BIG thumbs down as an overall improvement to healthcare. I have a preexisting condition and although I have NEVER been in a hospital for it nor did I take a sick day the last 25 years I worked, I could not get insurance because of this stigma. Fixing the preexisting condition discrimination helps me and people who have been thrown off their insurance or worse yet bankrupt due to an illness.

However, there are far better ways to implement changes to healthcare than Obamacare. Unfortunately Republicans did not lift a finger to correct insurance company abuses nor did they attack the root cause of increasing premiums --- lack of true competition, amazing overhead (perhaps 30% of every dollar goes to activities that have NOTHING to do with patient care) and malpractice. Both parties pander to special interests and neither party has the brains to actually write an effective healthcare bill.

On balance, Obamacare is another redistribution tool to give Democratic voters Free and Subsidized healthcare for their votes. It protects lawyers and entrenched interests like drug companies and there are plenty of exemptions for favored constituencies (unions and others). I would abolish it provided we could elect some politicians who are competent and courageous enough to actually fix the system. Personally, I’d put everyone on Medicare with high deductibles, subsidies for the poor and premiums adjusted for age. Everyone, even the poor, MUST pay a portion of their health care to prevent fraud and misuse of the system --- “free” stuff never works out for anyone except those providing and managing the free stuff. :)

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Two Thumbs And Two Big Toes....DOWN!

Can I include other important fingers? I kinda understand the Constitution Of The United States, or I try to and there is not one word about Federal MANDATED healthcare. My second biggest monthly expense right now is private health care and, like already said before me better, in 3-5 years, my $costs$ are only going to go UP....for less coverage, compared to what I have now. HB of CJ (old coot) :(

·
Adapt and Overcome
597 Posts
yeah, in addition to pay cuts, our premiums are going up and the deductibles are going up as well. They are already not covering as much as they used to and our HR dept has told us that more changes are to come for us. The companies that already provided insurance are having to cut back on benefits to cover everyone else. I can understand the need to cover pre-existing conditions. I can understand that everyone should have access to healthcare. This was just NOT the way to do it. I have been with my current company for 4 years. I've gotten a 3-4% raise each year. But with the increase in health costs and taxes, I'm taking home less money than I did when I started here.

·
Indefatigable
22,828 Posts
Required RFI chip required ,,to begin soon .
Got a source for that?
If you are going to quote the part of Obamacare that deals with "tracking implants" you will need to do better than that.
That portion of Obamacare has NOTHING to do with RFID. It creates a national data base for ELECTIVE implants such as: total joint replacements, screws and plates, pacemakers, cochlear, breast and lens implants....ect.
Here is a link to the full bill
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c111:2:./temp/~c111G9uYEV::

Reactions: buckfynn

·
Mr. Awesome
779 Posts
If Obama-care was a gladiator and I was a spectator in the Coliseum, not only would I give it two thumbs down, I might just go get a sword and finish the job myself.

.....That should properly clarify my view on the subject. :D:

·
Old Gezzer
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Two thumbs down for me. I don't have health insurance. But I don't go to doctors very often. And when I do I pay cash. So I am going to take the tax penalty and not sign up for Obamacare.

I am a Veteran and have never even used the V.A. for health care.

·
Old Gezzer
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Happened to be on when u posted. Lol. Have worked before and have a ton of family that works in healthcare. What they don't tell you is that all these insurances that Providers are now required to take don't pay squat and so a lot of the services are written off. That's a loss of income to the provider which in turn means he has to cut cost. People in my family have taken 5-15% paycuts because of this
Forced pay cuts of people working in the health care industry is not something I have heard of previously concerning Obamacare. Seams the liberal media has swept this issues under the rug away from the general public.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.