Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Deplorabus Basketus
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/26/obamacare-straight-repeal-fails-on-senate-vote.amp.html

"The vote was 55-45 against the amendment, with seven Republicans opposing. The chamber’s 46 Democrats and two independent senators all voted against the measure....

....Republican Sens. Susan Collins of Maine; Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia; John McCain of Arizona; Rob Portman of Ohio; Lamar Alexander of Tennessee; Lisa Murkowski of Alaska and Dean Heller of Nevada voted in opposition."

·
Retired thinker
7,337 Posts
Single payer is not that bad... unless you are one of the 47% who pay no federal income taxes. Wait until people get the bill for their new "free healthcare."

Canada taxes 0-50K of income at 15% plus another 6-15% depending on where you live. We'd have to charge a lot more because of our massive non-contributor base as well as those working in the subterranean economy (under the table).

I really wasn't expecting Republicans to come up with a "market driven" solution. There are too many stakeholders involved who do not want competition, tort reform, price transparency, and other measures that will undermine their profits.

And Democrats, as well as the now defined RINOs, want big government solutions so they can reward their constituents with "free stuff" and make-work do-nothing jobs to "manage" the healthcare... like the VA does (before the new firing rules went into effect).

Nobody should be surprised by this outcome... other than Trump who bought the MAGA pipe dream hook, line and sinker... thinking he actually had a team around him in the Republicans.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Single payer is not that bad... unless you are one of the 47% who pay no federal income taxes. Wait until people get the bill for their new "free healthcare."

Canada taxes 0-50K of income at 15% plus another 6-15% depending on where you live. We'd have to charge a lot more because of our massive non-contributor base....
SNIP
The last time I visited Canada, was in Toronto, and they had VAT of I believe it was 17 percent, even if you were non-citizen and buying groceries and a magazine you paid 17 percent additional.

In the US while I'm not in favor of taxation, in some ways the case could be made, the only way to have the 47 percent begin to contribute "something " would be to have a VAT.
But at same time they would have to do away with SNAP debit cards.
What a mess--so many people just sitting around doing nothing when they could at least be contributing towards their own welfare.

·
Registered
8,871 Posts
Of course it wasn't going to pass. Republicans talk a good game but never follow through. "Once we get a majority we're going to repeal Obamacare, stop illegal immigration, simplify taxes, blah blah blah". But when the time comes they balk.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Deplorabus Basketus
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Of course it wasn't going to pass. Republicans talk a good game but never follow through. "Once we get a majority we're going to repeal Obamacare, stop illegal immigration, simplify taxes, blah blah blah". But when the time comes they balk.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
The Republican Party is currently filled with people that have gotten used to losing... who would rather have continued losing and pretend that they would want to change anything.

These toads need replaced in 2018 with conservative people who love America and want to win.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Set your bar very low with these losers known as today's GOP.

My only reasons/ expectations for voting for them this time (2016) was Supreme Court, second amendment and not increasing middle eastern immigration.

Anything more than that is gravy.

Only a matter of time before they will not even deliver on that.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/26/obamacare-straight-repeal-fails-on-senate-vote.amp.html

"The vote was 55-45 against the amendment, with seven Republicans opposing. The chamber’s 46 Democrats and two independent senators all voted against the measure....

....Republican Sens. Susan Collins of Maine; Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia; John McCain of Arizona; Rob Portman of Ohio; Lamar Alexander of Tennessee; Lisa Murkowski of Alaska and Dean Heller of Nevada voted in opposition."
Nice to hand us a list of traitors. Not like the names are a big surprise to anyone.

Hopefully there is a special place in Hell for people like John McCain, he will hopefully find out soon. Can't believe his "Butt Buddy", Lindsay Graham wan't on the list.

·
Retrofitted Sheeple
30,031 Posts
Who couldn't see that coming 6 months ago? They never intended to get rid of this law.
I saw it 4 years ago. I've been saying on this forum for years that Obamacare is a near carbon copy of a Republican plan from '93. They never wanted to get rid of it. The two branches of the Party spent years trying to position themselves so the Republicans would appear to oppose their own plan. And now, they don't want to repeal it. They want to appear to oppose it. Then, they will change it just enough to take credit.

It wasn't even that hard to see.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I saw it 4 years ago. I've been saying on this forum for years that Obamacare is a near carbon copy of a Republican plan from '93. They never wanted to get rid of it. The two branches of the Party spent years trying to position themselves so the Republicans would appear to oppose their own plan. And now, they don't want to repeal it. They want to appear to oppose it. Then, they will change it just enough to take credit.

It wasn't even that hard to see.

Just the next step on the road to single payer. Its all in the plan.

·
Retrofitted Sheeple
30,031 Posts
Just the next step on the road to single payer. Its all in the plan.
Single payer won't happen until insurance companies are ready for it to happen. They need to position themselves in such a way that they will profit even more from that transition before they will allow their government lackeys to do so. How do you think we got Obamacare?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Single payer won't happen until insurance companies are ready for it to happen. They need to position themselves in such a way that they will profit even more from that transition before they will allow their government lackeys to do so. How do you think we got Obamacare?

Didnt say it would happen soon. Just that this is yet another step in that direction as planned.

·
Retrofitted Sheeple
30,031 Posts
I'm not defending the republicans but I'm not blaming the entire party for this . Look at the 7 that opposed . All of them traitorous gutless RINOs including the king of the RINOs McCain . .
They were the lightning rods. It's all part of the performance. If they needed more to vote against it, there would have been more.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts