1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Permanently gone
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/opinion/op_ed/view.bg?articleid=1116836

Leftist media sire hypocrisy
AWOL on Edwards, all over Palin

By Michael Graham | Thursday, September 4, 2008 | http://www.bostonherald.com | Op-Ed

When the story first broke that Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards had cheated on his cancer-stricken wife and sired a baby with a bimbo on his campaign payroll, The New York Times [NYT] refused to run it.

But when the news hit that not the president, not the vice president but the daughter of the vice-presidential nominee is pregnant, the Times ran five - count ’em, five - stories about it. In one day.

Edwards dragged his sick wife through the Iowa boonies and paid his girlfriend off in campaign dollars, and the Times decides it’s not worth writing about.

Meanwhile Bristol Palin is too young to even vote for Edwards, and she makes the front page of nearly every major daily that for weeks refused to report on the Edwards Love Child story.

But remember: There is no liberal media bias. Don’t believe me? Just ask Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews.

When the daughter of a vice-presidential candidate turns out to be 17, unmarried and pregnant, of course that’s news. But it doesn’t come close to legitimizing the all-out media assault (there is no other word for it) the press has unleashed on the Palins.

So-called “reporters” on CNN and MSNBC have speculated on Gov. Palin’s fitness as a mother. Sally Quinn from The Washington Post says that Palin should “rethink her priorities” and turn down the VP job. US Weekly - owned by the same people who put fawning faux-Jesus photos of Barack Obama on the cover of Rolling Stone - calls the Palin story “Sex, Lies and Scandal.”cw-4

Deeper in the fever swamps, Fox News’ token liberal Alan Colmes has suggested that Palin abused her youngest son Trig by denying him proper prenatal care.

And The Atlantic, once a respected, thoughtful voice of the American left, has actually promoted the lunatic - and utterly disproven - theory that Gov. Palin wasn’t pregnant with Trig at all. Trig is really Bristol’s son, and the governor of Alaska took time out of her schedule fighting against hack GOP congressmen and oil company insiders to fake a pregnancy on her daughter’s behalf.

According to Steve Schmidt of the McCain campaign, mainstream media organizations are demanding to see medical reports on Gov. Palin’s amniotic fluid and a DNA test on little Trig.

These aren’t the actions of bad journalists. These are the actions of bad people. From the set of MSNBC to the pages of The Boston Globe-Democrat, there are people willing to do anything to elect Barack Obama, up to and including the trashing of a 17-year-old girl.

But remember: Barack Obama is, as one San Francisco columnist put it, the “light bringer” who will heal our partisan divide.

It’s odd to hear liberal journalists who complained about the sexism of the Obama campaign now complaining that Gov. Palin won’t stay home and raise them babies.

It’s confusing to hear die-hard lefties like PBS’s Mark Shields releasing their inner Jerry Falwells to criticize Palin for putting “ambition” over her daughter’s well-being.

And it’s downright bizarre to read in the Boston Herald yesterday that our own U.S. Rep. Barney Frank believes the Palins’ private life is “fair game.” Hey, Barney - when you catch Bristol running a male prostitution ring out of the governor’s mansion basement, then we’ll talk.

Not to mention the Obama campaign sending out a press release attacking (erroneously, as is often the case) Gov. Palin for supporting “Nazi sympathizer” Pat Buchanan in 2000.

Gov. Sarah Palin: Lousy mom, trashy family and a Nazi. And you can read it all in The New York Times.

But remember: Don’t listen to talk radio. That’s hate speech.

Now, Sen. Obama is supposed to be the compassionate, caring candidate, who will bring hope and change.
You cannot possibly believe his supporters in the main stream media are writing these things without his consent, can you?

I am generally disgusted with the political process in this country as a whole, but Obama's supporters are going to new lows.
They are actually acting like the knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing, neanderthal types they claim to despise.
So...according to the Dem.s, Gov Palin should have stayed at home and raised her babies and it is her fault her youngest has Downs because she didn't.
So, Obama is your shining light, ehhh?
I was not much of a McCain supporter, but because of the absolutely vile and disgusting attacks the Democrats have started on Gov. Palin, I will support the Republican ticket.

How can you support the candidacy of a man that has given tacit consent to such a scurrilous campaign?
I have not seen Mr Obama refute the stories spread on his behalf. Oh yes, lay off Michelle, but a 17 year old is "fair game"?
Typical liberals.
When a Liberal attacks the family, ethics, qualifications, background, etc of a Conservative, it is *fair campaigning*.

When a Conservative questions the background, family, ethics, morals and qualifications of a Liberal, it is "racist, sexist, unthinking, low class, totally uncalled for and unacceptable".

·
AFDQ
1,026 Posts
The reason is that Liberal Dems are all about getting what they want regardless of things like truth, compassion, liberty, etc. They are a major reason this country has gone in the crapper. Their laws, their judges, their politicians and their pals in the ACLU and the NAACP are continuously attacking moral values that built and maintained this country.

That is fact but be assured, the liberals will attack anyone saying that, first with their warped logic, then lies, then name calling and anger... That IS their platform.

Thats why I have them ignored here. They just seem ignorant and they just don't realize it.. They tend to talk, talk, talk, and say absloutely nothing of value. :cool:

·
Registered
774 Posts
I don't care about John Edwards, or his wife, or his mistress, or Sarah Palin's pregnant daughter. I've never been a fan of soap operas.

What I do care about is that the republican party has f---ed this country in the ass for the last 8 years, and enough is enough. The notion that we need the republican party to fix the republicans' mistakes is retarded.

·
ÐìrtýÐëëdsÐøñëÐìrtÇhëâþ
387 Posts
What I do care about is that the republican party has f---ed this country in the ass for the last 8 years, and enough is enough. The notion that we need the republican party to fix the republicans' mistakes is retarded.
Awww Hell, is Bush signing bills the Dem cotrolled Congress is passing ?

·
AFDQ
1,026 Posts
I'm telling you, liberals will NEVER listen to logic. When they can not defend a statement, they switch subjects.....

For instance, this thread is about liberals and Obama.... duh

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
according to the Dem.s, Gov Palin should have stayed at home and raised her babies and it is her fault her youngest has Downs because she didn't.
It's a known fact that women 40 or older have a greater chance of having a Downs Syndrome child.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I'm telling you, liberals will NEVER listen to logic. When they can not defend a statement, they switch subjects.....

For instance, this thread is about liberals and Obama.... duh
No, this thread is about both sides doing the exact same things they complain about the other side doing. Democrats make mountains out of mole hills all the time, and guess what? REPUBLICANS DO IT TOO.

I'm sick of the stupid games.

Over 4,000 US service men and women dead in Iraq. Over 80,000 civilians dead in Iraq. They died for NOTHING!

But you go ahead and keep focusing on people's sex lives if that's what it takes for you to block out your guilt.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I'm not an Obama supporter, but since I don't support McCain either, I guess I'm as close as you may get.

The media outlets that I pay attention to reported both. Different media treated it differently. Some media treated her pregnancy as a non issue, and others treated it like Global Warming.

For decades the Republicans have preached "family values" and abstinence. Bristol kind of puts that farce in perspective. Which is okay, it was always a farce. Kids are kids and they all make mistakes. Bristol's mistake doesn't reflect badly on Palin in my opinion, good kids of good parents can make dumb choices.

But the anti-McCain crowd will latch on to any issue and ride it like a cheap whore. This is a characteristic of both parties. It's a characteristic of partisan, bloodthirsty, winner take all politics. It's sad that this young girl is being used as a pawn, but this is the world we live in.

ALL "news" media is biased. News is a business, and people get what they want. People want biased media. They want it biased in their direction. Do you think Fox is so popular because it's "fair and balanced'? Hell no, it's biased towards a very large demographic. It tells them what they already "know", and reports on things they don't in the context of a worldview they already have. The New York Times is no different. Or CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC.

The media is a reflection of us. If you don't like it, then don't look in a mirror.

·
Registered
774 Posts
This is a characteristic of both parties. It's a characteristic of partisan, bloodthirsty, winner take all politics.
Exactly! They both do it. And they both cry when the other side does it. I refuse to play that game. I'm going to stick with talking about the things that actually matter. And if people like "thewall" want to accuse me of changing the subject because I won't be sucked into that game, then tough sh-t.

·
The end is near.
1,376 Posts
I've been disgusted with political campaigns, on both sides, for years. But what the Dems and the liberal media who so obviously support them pulled in the last election was over the top. A. The media incorrectly reported that Bush was so far behind there was almost no chance he could win, which was a blatant lie they knowingly told in an attempt to get Gore more votes. (I think the media thought that if people believed Bush had no chance against Gore his supporters might not have even bothered to vote.) B. The media declared Gore the winner prematurely, attempting to get Bush to concede defeat before the count so their golden boy could win. C. They kept calling for recounts, even attempting to exclude overseas military votes. Apparently, members of the military are not real Americans and hence do not deserve to vote, from the Democrat POV. And when recount after recount showed they lost, they claimed they were cheated out of winning.

The Dems really showed their ass on that one, IMO. They'll never get my vote. They are two-faced and can't even be consistent with the views they claim to support. They claim they're supportive of womens' rights. Yet they don't hesitate to question whether a woman can actually hold an important position and have a family. WTH????? I thought they supported women. And I notice that no one questions whether Barack can hold an important position and be a good father. They claim to support a woman's right to choose. Yet because Sarah's daughter chose to have her baby instead of killing it they question Sarah's judgment. Say one thing and do the opposite, claim one set of values and then disregard them, when it seems more advantageous to do so. That is the Dem's way. I'd like to personally thank Al Gore for showing me the kind of scumbags that make up the Dem campaign. Thanks, Al.

I vote for the candidate I believe can run the country best. The Dem's sickening behavior during the last election makes my choice much easier as they've eliminated themselves from ever getting my vote. I see what they're all about, their values---or lack thereof if it looks like they can get what they want by abandoning those vaunted values---their lack of trust in law-abiding citizens shown in their gun-ban policies, and I could never vote for a Democrat.

I seriously doubt I'm the only voter who saw things this way.

·
Haha
3,407 Posts
I do not support neither and this is what I have seen in the media. I am in Iowa and all over the news was Edwards affair over and over and over. Maybe it is because I am in Iowa which is full of Dem's and they were really upset and let down...I don't know.

I have seen some stuff about Palin but mostly on the internet and not so much on tv. I have seen some on tv but I don't think the people in Iowa really cared very much about it. (still crying about Edwards)

Like I said maybe it is where I am from I don't know. There isn't alot of Mcain/Palin bashing going on here. There "was" however some Hillary bashing. But thats over now that she dropped out.

Maybe it's where I'm at or that the people here are somewhat respectful of the candidates.

-Cade

·
AFDQ
1,026 Posts
Teaching "family values" and abstinence isn't a farce and just because one teaches the right thing does NOT mean it doesn't happen. If anyone has children they know the deal. So, I find it really ignorant to place 'family values and abstinance' as a failed value because Sarah Palin's child made a mistake. How arrogant and self delusional is that?

Oh wait, that is how liberal progressives react to anything that will further their own, non family value and slutty existance.... Never Mind...... :taped:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Teaching "family values" and abstinence isn't a farce and just because one teaches the right thing does NOT mean it doesn't happen.
Teaching family values isn't a farce. Preaching it on the campaign trail is.

If anyone has children they know the deal. So, I find it really ignorant to place 'family values and abstinence' as a failed value because Sarah Palin's child made a mistake. How arrogant and self delusional is that?
No more arrogant than your near sighted comprehension. Sarah Palin's daughter made a mistake. Nothing more. To an Obama supporter it's an indictment of Republicans. To me, it's a mistake by a young girl. Certainly not newsworthy.

Oh wait, that is how liberal progressives react to anything that will further their own, non family value and slutty existence.... Never Mind...... :taped:
I had left you off ignore because I was hoping you'd respond to my challenge in another thread. Since you aren't going to, and your posts just aren't worth reading anymore, I'm going to ignore you from now on.

·
AFDQ
1,026 Posts
Oh, I see. Because someone believes and talks about family values, they are not allowed to have a normal family where mistakes happen? Pleeeeeezzzz. They call that arrogance...

Thank you.. bye bye

·
Registered
491 Posts
I don't care about John Edwards, or his wife, or his mistress, or Sarah Palin's pregnant daughter. I've never been a fan of soap operas.

If you don't realize that both parties have been screwing this country for years then you are a moron.

·
Inglourious Basterd
2,966 Posts
What I'd like to know is ,why isn't that little 18 year old punk (adult) going to jail for having sex with a minor? I mean if I had sex with a 17 year old girl ,I would be going to jail.

·
ÐìrtýÐëëdsÐøñëÐìrtÇhëâþ
387 Posts
I wonder how some people function in everyday life if they are this out of touch with Reality...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts