Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama suggested Wednesday that a new value-added tax on Americans is still on the table, seeming to show more openness to the idea than his aides have expressed in recent days.

Before deciding what revenue options are best for dealing with the deficit and the economy, Obama said in an interview with CNBC, "I want to get a better picture of what our options are."

After Obama adviser Paul Volcker recently raised the prospect of a value-added tax, or VAT, the Senate voted 85-13 last week for a nonbinding "sense of the Senate" resolution that calls the such a tax "a massive tax increase that will cripple families on fixed income and only further push back America's economic recovery." MORE>

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama suggested Wednesday that a new value-added tax on Americans is still on the table,
And so is massive social unrest and even an open revolt.

Passing a VAT now would likely push people over the edge and would send them well beyond name calling spitting and rock throwing.

Just my humble opinion.

·
Registered
296 Posts
1 Jan I predicted this in Dec, after the elections. It will be done. Republicans won't go for a tax hike, but will take a "Fair Tax". Dems won't cut entitlements. (Like you really are entitled how?)

While I don't like this, no one politically will make cuts.

What to look out for? How the non-producers make out. Look for "Refundable" (You don't have to pay to recieve) and other redistribution methods.

At some point we have to slow our spending...........I mean up our taxes. I mean the govt can't keep buying our own bonds and paying them off every couple a months.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Logrfood is ****ED AT the State of the Union

I think what they should do is pass a value added tax and decrease income tax, so that there is a SLIGHT net benefit to the Govt.

We need some way to reduce the deficit, not by spending less, but by paying for the spending.

However, I will say that I am not for any more bailouts. Companies should rise and fall on their own merit.

I am not for any pork barrel projects.

I really think they should invest, HEAVILY in the following

solarizing the desert southwest

bullet trains to and from major cities

nationalizing a hydrogen infrastructure for cars.. to be slowly deregulated

subsidizing companies that develop hydrogen and electric technology for cars and trucks

and of course, throwing out the illegal immigrants and restoring sovereignty to our borders.

We don't have the ability to nationalize them. They don't make enough to actually pay into the system more than the lousy 2.49% that they end up paying... if they pay at all.

Upwards of 30 million Americans are here illegally. Even if we only got rid of 90% of them. The 10 that remained would get wage increase due to demand.

We need to improve ourselves.

On the other front we need to go to a no vacation school system. These kids today are so pathetically educated they can never afford a long vacation again.

If the students give lip to the teachers they need to be physically dealt with until they comply. No more gang bangers, cholos, homiez, etc. Students all need to have uniforms so that they don't have any issues with affluence or the lack of. Kids go to school to learn, not show off how much money their parents make.

School needs to be 10 hours a day, 6 days a week. No more long vacations. They can have 2 weeks off every quarter.

Some type of military service must be mandatory. The whole time should be devoted to excellence in physical fitness and general firearms usage. One year should do. Unless one reaches 8% bodyfat they cannot leave the service.

I think it should be overseas so they can see a bit of the world before they decide to go to college.

America needs some remedial strictness.

I think one shouldn't be able to get a home loan unless one is AT LEAST general contracting their own build out of alternative materials. The UBC is a crock of rubber horse**** to force money to the unions and tradesmen.

I know if I got to be President I would be using the power of Presidential Edicts in this direction.

No more ivorytower academics in the schools either. Nope. We need Asian Mom's running that place. All the love in the world.. until you fail, then its a course in remedial asswhipping. Amazing how results improve.:thumb: We have too much permissive parenting on all levels in this country.

I would also create a NEW PATRIOT ACT, dissolving the old and enforcing net neutrality, increasing bandwidth to its maximum, and placing a 2% VAT on all internet transactions.

No other taxes would apply.

The world needs to be a better place. It needs to start with us. We need to be better, more capable.

Log

·
Weed 'em and reap
31,581 Posts
I think what they should do is pass a value added tax and decrease income tax, so that there is a SLIGHT net benefit to the Govt.

We need some way to reduce the deficit, not by spending less, but by paying for the spending.

However, I will say that I am not for any more bailouts. Companies should rise and fall on their own merit.

subsidizing companies that develop hydrogen and electric technology for cars and trucks

and of course, throwing out the illegal immigrants and restoring sovereignty to our borders.

We don't have the ability to nationalize them. They don't make enough to actually pay into the system more than the lousy 2.49% that they end up paying... if they pay at all.

Upwards of 30 million Americans are here illegally. Even if we only got rid of 90% of them. The 10 that remained would get wage increase due to demand.

On the other front we need to go to a no vacation school system. These kids today are so pathetically educated they can never afford a long vacation again.

If the students give lip to the teachers they need to be physically dealt with until they comply. No more gang bangers, cholos, homiez, etc. Students all need to have uniforms so that they don't have any issues with affluence or the lack of. Kids go to school to learn, not show off how much money their parents make.

School needs to be 10 hours a day, 6 days a week. No more long vacations. They can have 2 weeks off every quarter.

Some type of military service must be mandatory. The whole time should be devoted to excellence in physical fitness and general firearms usage. One year should do. Unless one reaches 8% bodyfat they cannot leave the service.

I think it should be overseas so they can see a bit of the world before they decide to go to college.

I think one shouldn't be able to get a home loan unless one is AT LEAST general contracting their own build out of alternative materials. The UBC is a crock of rubber horse**** to force money to the unions and tradesmen.

I know if I got to be President I would be using the power of Presidential Edicts in this direction.

No more ivorytower academics in the schools either. Nope. We need Asian Mom's running that place. All the love in the world.. until you fail, then its a course in remedial asswhipping. Amazing how results improve.:thumb: We have too much permissive parenting on all levels in this country.

I would also create a NEW PATRIOT ACT, dissolving the old and enforcing net neutrality, increasing bandwidth to its maximum, and placing a 2% VAT on all internet transactions.

The world needs to be a better place. It needs to start with us. We need to be better, more capable.

Log
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Too bad that danged Constitution stands in the way. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9 Posts

Log
my kids, my self, and countless generations before me have learned more from a strong family unit on the farm than any classroom

·
Prepared
15,924 Posts
The executioner is just offering the taxpayer the choice of a noose (taxes) or a blindfold (less service). I reject both "options". There's more wealth in this country than ever before. Why should ordinary people be tightening their belts?

·
Registered
41 Posts
If I remember correctly President Bush SR lost mainly on his "read my lips no new taxes" campaign promise.

If the VAT goes thru, then President Obama will be violating his campaign promise not to raise taxes on families making over $300,000...or $250,000...or $200,000....and finally $150,000 depending on which campaign speech you happened to see.

You cannot spend $1.6 trillion in the red every year and not raise taxes on a massive scale so I was expecting something like this. I bet you $100 it wont be voted on until after NOV during the lame duck congress

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
What do I care about a VAT tax> I can hardly afford to buy food let alone anything else. (Im not laughing)

Oops, should have thought about that before they eliminated the middle class. Who is gonna pay all the taxes now?

·
3 more years of this?
2,881 Posts
How about all branches of government working for free until the budget is balanced? The American people had to adjust to losing their jobs and income due to shady business practices. I may be living but the taxes are killing me.

·
Not On My Watch
630 Posts

Log
I know some people are not aware of this so I will give you a little tidbit of information. If you don't want to cut spending and want to increase taxes then you are welcome to participate. Anybody...including YOU, are able to pay as much money in taxes as you want. You can actually send money to the IRS above what they say you need to pay. I think that is the answer for you and others that want to pay more taxes. Nobody is stopping you from sending all your money to the IRS. They will accept it. They will not send it back. Since all of these programs are near and dear to your heart then you should be the first to step up.

·
Banned
1,405 Posts

Log
Everytime you open your mouth bro

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.