1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obama Plans Pricey Birthday Bash on Default Day

Saturday, 16 Jul 2011 01:25 PM

By Martin Gould and Abigail Walls

As America’s poorest wait for Social Security checks that may never come on Aug. 3, President Barack Obama will be out celebrating a milestone birthday at a party where tickets cost up to $35,800 each.

Obama has chosen the first day of the potential default to throw his 50th birthday bash, combining it with raising money for next year’s election. His actual birthday is Aug. 4.

Republicans are slamming the decision to have the party as “insensitive.”

“This really shows how unserious he is,” Republican Rep. Joe Walsh, a fellow Chicagoan, tells Newsmax exclusively. “I realize it’s his birthday, but he is a president who has said he doesn’t know if social security checks will go out that day.

“If that’s the case, I cannot believe he will be having a big party that very day.”

Obama said on Tuesday that he cannot guarantee that social security checks will go out from August 3 unless a deal can be reached on raising the nation’s $14.3 trillion debt limit. “There may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it,” he told CBS’ Scott Pelley.

Unless the deal is reached, government services across the board will be cut and in many cases closed down.

“My first thought was that he will have to fly to Chicago before the third because I can’t imagine airports will be open,” said Walsh. “And he’ll have to have a huge supply of candles because the lights are going to go out.

“I am amazed he will be able to have a party at all.”

Walsh said he hopes to be in Chicago on Aug. 3 himself to be with his family in case the calamity that Obama has warned about comes to fruition. “I just doubt I’ll get an invitation to the party,” he said.

Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson is expected to perform at the birthday bash at the historic Aragon Ballroom in Chicago. The event will be one of the president’s biggest fundraisers of the year. Publicity literature featuring a red, white and blue Happy Birthday logo has already been produced.

The event will be “multi-tiered,” the Chicago Sun-Times reported. The Hudson concert would cost $50; admission to the party $200; a premium seat $1,000; a souvenir photo with the president $10,000; and VIP seating and dinner with Obama $38,500.

Another GOP Congressman, Louie Gohmert of Texas was incredulous about the timing. “That’d be as crazy as setting up golf games in the middle of going after Osama bin Laden,” he said. “I’m sure he wouldn’t do something like that – or maybe he would.”

Obama has been leading contentious talks all week with leaders of both parties in the House and Senate to avoid the August 2 deadline. On Friday he warned of financial “Armageddon” if a deal cannot be reached.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/...g/2011/07/16/id/403823?s=al&promo_code=C9EC-1

CLOWN

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Sadly, those that love him will continue to love him. At this point, he can almost do no wrong. When you have people that voted for him specifically due to skin color, the nation has already been lost.

·
Gone Galt
22,534 Posts
Well, the actual "day" is in like 4 or 5 days. If they don't have a deal by then, they can't work fast enough after that to get it passed my the deadline day.

This is so embarrassing (as an American) to see this happening here...

·
Most Thankful Guy here
38,965 Posts
Notice he's not worried about his paycheck. Unfortunately he will be drawing a pension for the rest of his life in spite of whether he fixes our budget problems or not.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Confused about the BASH?
World English Dictionary
bash (bæʃ)

— vb (foll by into )
1. ( tr ) to strike violently or crushingly
2. ( tr; often foll by in, down, etc ) to smash, break, etc, with a crashing blow: to bash a door down
3. to crash (into); collide (with): to bash into a lamppost
4. to dent or be dented: this tin is bashed ; this cover won't bash easily

— n
5. a heavy blow, as from a fist
6. a dent; indentation
7. a party
8. informal have a bash to make an attempt

[C17: of uncertain origin]

Are they really going to give him a BASH? :thumb:

But he is so well liked! :)

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Obama can play the fiddle? Clinton can play the sax and Huck on the guitar. Maybe a remake of guitarzan and his jungle band? :thumb:

I forgot, Barney Frank on the flute! :eek:

·
Registered
8,154 Posts
Why would he be worried? They will strike a deal like they always do.

You need to put down the pipe hon.
Its the 30th anniversary of Reaganomics. America is booming because of it. :D:

Lower taxes = Great Prosperity. 30 years of it. So just 10 days after Obama's birthday.

August 13, 1981

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_Recovery_Tax_Act_of_1981

Actually taxes are lower today than after Reagan so the US is even more prosperous than ever before.

Yay lower taxes!!!

·
I'm your huckleberry
656 Posts
Do you think obummer should be paying taxes on all the perks and gifts he gets while President?

I am just saying if the guy who caught Jeter's 3,000th hit has to pay taxes....
I think he needs to start paying for the fuel on AF One everytime he jets off on vacation. If it's not TOTALLY official business, he needs to pay....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts