Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obama has a 7-point advantage over McCain. Absent a huge shift in the electorate, Obama will be president. Anybody notice any change in gun or gun equipment buying patterns? I assume high-cap mag manufacturing will be a thing of the past within a few months after the inauguration. Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'm voting for Obama.

Having said that, I don't like his prospects on gun rights. I've made plans for that eventuality.

My main issue is environment. If we can't live on the land, drink the water and breath the air, and don't have wild places to play in and run to, then nothing else matters. I don't like any current republicans or most democrats, but I've wasted my vote in the past on independents. Can't do that anymore. Democrats are much better on the environment, so they get my vote by default this year. Skifast convinced me of that.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
I'm voting for Obama.

Having said that, I don't like his prospects on gun rights. I've made plans for that eventuality.

My main issue is environment. If we can't live on the land, drink the water and breath the air, and don't have wild places to play in and run to, then nothing else matters. I don't like any current republicans or most democrats, but I've wasted my vote in the past on independents. Can't do that anymore. Democrats are much better on the environment, so they get my vote by default this year. Skifast convinced me of that.
Obama isn't after your hunting rifles. It's just a bunch of polarization smear techniques.

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't want this to turn into a political thread. I don't care who you're voting for. What I want to know is if it's worth buying firearms and related equipment in view of an EDUCATED guess as to what may transpire in the next 12 months.

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you really think shotguns are likely to get banned? Don't you think that basically we're looking at a reversion to the Brady Bill? No new high cap mags, a limited number of 'military' features on a rifle (folding stock, flash suppressor, etc.)?

·
AFDQ
1,026 Posts
I think that the Dems have had a hard time getting around the 2nd amendment. So, if one looks at it, one will notice that bullets are not specifically covered. It won't be long before they figure that out and outlaw them. All of them because they are not specifically covered under the 2nd amendment.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
I didn't want this to turn into a political thread. I don't care who you're voting for. What I want to know is if it's worth buying firearms and related equipment in view of an EDUCATED guess as to what may transpire in the next 12 months.

Yes , buy 1 good Main Battle Rifle .
1 Good 22
1 good sidearm
1 good shotgun

That right there is a basic set up , then make sure you have at least 15 mags for the MBR , 10 for the side arm . With min. 2k for the rifle 1k for the handgun , 500 for the smooth bore , and 5000 for the 22 . ALL doable , if you save and shop wisely ..........

·
I hear the bagpipes
279 Posts
Obama's commitment to passing the AWB is now on his website officially as his policy. That is his stated official policy, unless he is trying to smear himself on his own website, that is. And by the way, the reason he is not looking for our hunting rifles is because he needs to take away our means to defend them first. Educated guess? AWB will be proposed and passed before the congressional election 2009 if he ends up with a large Democrat majority in this election. In the mean time, he will entertain methods of regulating or banning certain types of ammo, especially imports, probably in 2010. If a serious domestic crisis occurs, look for this to happen instantly by executive order.

Can't happen? Geez, what's happening now couldn't happen either.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Obama's commitment to passing the AWB is now on his website officially as his policy.
What , no link ?? :eek:

OK , I'll do it my own damn self .................:rolleyes:

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
tool.....

Its not about hunting rifles . Might want to give the pesky Constitution a slow read .
you can't buy a full auto machine gun. Why not??

How is it you don't mind the Patriot act?

·
I hear the bagpipes
279 Posts
http://origin.barackobama.com/issues/urban_policy/#crime-and-law-enforcement

"Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets."

1 - 20 of 142 Posts