Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
9,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/low/americas/8405033.stm

President Barack Obama has said the US must uphold moral standards when waging wars that are necessary and justified, as he accepted his Nobel Peace Prize.

In his speech in Oslo, he defended the US role in Afghanistan, arguing the use of force could bring lasting peace.

He also said his accomplishments were slight compared with other laureates.

Mr Obama was given the prize in October for his "extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and co-operation between peoples".

·
Svensk hamster
3,088 Posts

President Barack Obama has said the US must uphold moral standards when waging wars that are necessary and justified, as he accepted his Nobel Peace Prize.

In his speech in Oslo, he defended the US role in Afghanistan, arguing the use of force could bring lasting peace.

Mr Obama was given the prize in October for his "extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and co-operation between peoples".
George W Bush should also get a Nobel Peace Prize then

·
Never Give up
7,579 Posts
What a joke

I think the whole reason he waited to start sending more troops to help the ones in Afganistan was so he could have less to explain for his payoff ohh award I mean. Just goes to prove that is no longer a valid award just a payoff for something.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
I think the whole reason he waited to start sending more troops to help the ones in Afganistan was so he could have less to explain for his payoff ohh award I mean. Just goes to prove that is no longer a valid award just a payoff for something.
that makes no sense. He would have just waited another week.

·
There's no "I" in Sheeple
441 Posts
but half the people here get all of their information from FOX news :upsidedown:
For that to be relevant, FOX would have to mention Lincoln once in a while, wouldn't they? Only a few candidates on that poll still get mentioned in the MSM...

You probably solicit hard-left news sources here and there, trusting yourself to be able to extract some info without the propaganda sticking to you... well FOX is the equivalent of that for conservatives.

If you wanted rescue less-enlightened conservatives from the grips of FOX, you'd need to offer/recommend superior outlets of information that consider conservative viewpoints... now that would be constructive.

·
Christian
39,501 Posts
but half the people here get all of their information from FOX news :upsidedown:
actualy I did a poll while you were banned for having more than one account. and the results of the poll were more like 72% on here get their news from FOX.

·
Christian
39,501 Posts

So is there any such thing as a "moral war" it smacks of going back to armies standing in line toe to toe and marching / shooting in formation. I thought the whole point of war was to win, preferably by annihilating ones enemies

·
Really?
16,125 Posts
.....If you wanted rescue less-enlightened conservatives from the grips of FOX, you'd need to offer/recommend superior outlets of information that consider conservative viewpoints... now that would be constructive.
I asked him for that, but as usual.......his only purpose is to delude all issues, as is Corndog, Ud and dirtydog.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
actualy I did a poll while you were banned for having more than one account. and the results of the poll were more like 72% on here get their news from FOX.
I never got banned for that, i got banned for other things. :taped:

·
Christian
39,501 Posts
I never got banned for that, i got banned for other things. :taped:
Thats not what the Mod told me. But anyway just setting you straight on the poll.

·
My Temperature is Right
5,578 Posts
this statement kind of reminds me of the saying from the 70`s, that, "fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity."
You beat me to it, I was gonna post that.

Geez, just get the job done and be man about it already. He was put in there to get rid of the good ol boy back dealing and bring some accountability back to the government, not whine and justify US policy.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts