Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Here it is.........

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=4227

"Yes We Can . . . Ban Guns"--Obama Announces Gun Ban Agenda Before The Final Vote Count Is In

Friday, November 07, 2008

Senator Barack Obama's presidential campaign slogan, "the audacity of hope," should have instead been "the audacity of deceit." After months of telling the American people that he supports the Second Amendment, and only hours after being declared the president-elect, the Obama transition team website announced an agenda taken straight from the anti-gun lobby--four initiatives designed to ban guns and drive law-abiding firearm manufacturers and dealers out of business:

"Making the expired federal assault weapons ban permanent." Perhaps no other firearm issue has been more dishonestly portrayed by gun prohibitionists. Notwithstanding their predictions that the ban's expiration in 2004 would bring about the end of civilization, for the last four years the nation's murder rate has been lower than anytime since the mid-1960s. Studies for Congress, the Congressional Research Service, the National Institute of Justice, the National Academy of Sciences, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have found no evidence that gun prohibition or gun control reduces crime. Guns that were affected by the ban are used in only a tiny fraction of violent crime-about 35 times as many people are murdered without any sort of firearm (knives, bare hands, etc.), as with "assault weapons." Obama says that "assault weapons" are machine guns that "belong on foreign battlefields," but that is a lie; the guns are only semi-automatic, and they are not used by a military force anywhere on the planet.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
"Yes We Can . . . Ban Guns"--Obama Announces Gun Ban Agenda Before The Final Vote Count Is In

Senator Barack Obama's presidential campaign slogan, "the audacity of hope," should have instead been "the audacity of deceit." After months of telling the American people that he supports the Second Amendment, and only hours after being declared the president-elect, the Obama transition team website announced an agenda taken straight from the anti-gun lobby--four initiatives designed to ban guns and drive law-abiding firearm manufacturers and dealers out of business:

"Making the expired federal assault weapons ban permanent." Perhaps no other firearm issue has been more dishonestly portrayed by gun prohibitionists. Notwithstanding their predictions that the ban's expiration in 2004 would bring about the end of civilization, for the last four years the nation's murder rate has been lower than anytime since the mid-1960s. Studies for Congress, the Congressional Research Service, the National Institute of Justice, the National Academy of Sciences, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have found no evidence that gun prohibition or gun control reduces crime. Guns that were affected by the ban are used in only a tiny fraction of violent crime-about 35 times as many people are murdered without any sort of firearm (knives, bare hands, etc.), as with "assault weapons." Obama says that "assault weapons" are machine guns that "belong on foreign battlefields," but that is a lie; the guns are only semi-automatic, and they are not used by a military force anywhere on the planet.

"Repeal the Tiahrt Amendment." The amendment--endorsed by the Fraternal Order of Police--prohibits the release of federal firearm tracing information to anyone other than a law enforcement agency conducting a bona fide criminal investigation. Anti-gun activists oppose the restriction, because it prevents them from obtaining tracing information and using it in frivolous lawsuits against law-abiding firearm manufacturers. Their lawsuits seek to obtain huge financial judgments against firearm manufacturers when a criminal uses a gun to inflict harm, even though the manufacturers have complied with all applicable laws.

"Closing the gun show loophole." There is no "loophole." Under federal law, a firearm dealer must conduct a background check on anyone to whom he sells a gun, regardless of where the sale takes place. A person who is not a dealer may sell a gun from his personal collection without conducting a check. Gun prohibitionists claim that many criminals obtain guns from gun shows, though the most recent federal survey of convicted felons put the figure at only 0.7 percent. They also claim that non-dealers should be required to conduct checks when selling guns at shows, but the legislation they support goes far beyond imposing that lone requirement. In fact, anti-gun members of Congress voted against that limited measure, holding out for a broader bill intended to drive shows out of business.

"Making guns in this country childproof." "Childproof" is a codeword for a variety of schemes designed to prevent the sale of firearms by imposing impossible or highly expensive design requirements, such as biometric shooter-identification systems. While no one opposes keeping children safe, the fact is that accidental firearm-related deaths among children have decreased 86 percent since 1975, even as the numbers of children and guns have risen dramatically. Today, the chances of a child being killed in a firearm accident are less than one in a million.

·
Registered
18,817 Posts
Someone remind me "why" the people voted for this person...............................

"The people" wanted change, well, we are all about to get change.
:mad:

Was it not P. T. Barnum who stated that,

"No one ever became bankupt, betting on the gullibility of the American public"?

Indeed, Kev.

·
Renegade Vegan
175 Posts
Senator Barack Obama's presidential campaign slogan, "the audacity of hope," should have instead been "the audacity of deceit." After months of telling the American people that he supports the Second Amendment, and only hours after being declared the president-elect, the Obama transition team website announced an agenda taken straight from the anti-gun lobby--
Why does the NRA feel the need to hype this and spread lies and deceit of their own? Obama's policies are/were clear enough. The supposed announcement made just hours after the election is completely bogus. The exact same policy, same wording, same place on the web site was simply copied from the campaign web site http://change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy/ to the transition web site http://change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy/

I guess I'm just tired of NRA style rabble rousing. Obama's policy is and has been very clear and straightforward from the beginning, for anyone who bothered to look at the information on his web site. To protect the second amendmant, we'll need an equally clear, straightforward and well thought out agenda. It isn't going to change by tuning your radio to Rush Limbaugh every day.

Kev, you're wondering why anyone voted for Obama. It happened by people talking to people, neighbor to neighbor, family to family. I guess it happens that way in any election, the Christian conservatives did it for Reagan and Bush. It'll take a similar movement to shift things in a more conservative direction again. Palin seemed like a brilliant plan for a brief moment. She may have rallied the conservative base, but ultimately I believe she alienated a lot of middle of the road voters and that lost the election.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why does the NRA feel the need to hype this and spread lies and deceit of their own? Obama's policies are/were clear enough. The supposed announcement made just hours after the election is completely bogus. The exact same policy, same wording, same place on the web site was simply copied from the campaign web site http://change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy/ to the transition web site http://change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy/

I guess I'm just tired of NRA style rabble rousing. Obama's policy is and has been very clear and straightforward from the beginning, for anyone who bothered to look at the information on his web site. To protect the second amendmant, we'll need an equally clear, straightforward and well thought out agenda. It isn't going to change by tuning your radio to Rush Limbaugh every day.

Kev, you're wondering why anyone voted for Obama. It happened by people talking to people, neighbor to neighbor, family to family. I guess it happens that way in any election, the Christian conservatives did it for Reagan and Bush. It'll take a similar movement to shift things in a more conservative direction again. Palin seemed like a brilliant plan for a brief moment. She may have rallied the conservative base, but ultimately I believe she alienated a lot of middle of the road voters and that lost the election.

No matter if it was obama or nra..same results...& i belive it will get worse than what obama says on his web site.. belive they will increase excise taxes on ammo & such..all you have to do is look at his home state..& gun laws..very strict..but yet have one of the highest rates of crime..

·
Registered
154 Posts
Someone remind me "why" the people voted for this person...............................

"The people" wanted change, well, we are all about to get change.

The people voted FOR the word change. They voted for him cause they thought life would be like running through the poppy fields from now on. That there is gold at the end of the rainbow. They're dreamers. Sorry to sound so fairytalish.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Here he goes already... I've also posted this in the general firearms forum and controversial issues forum in hopes that all affected will see it.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=4227

"Repeal the Tiahrt Amendment." The amendment--endorsed by the Fraternal Order of Police--prohibits the release of federal firearm tracing information to anyone other than a law enforcement agency conducting a bona fide criminal investigation. Anti-gun activists oppose the restriction, because it prevents them from obtaining tracing information and using it in frivolous lawsuits against law-abiding firearm manufacturers. Their lawsuits seek to obtain huge financial judgments against firearm manufacturers when a criminal uses a gun to inflict harm, even though the manufacturers have complied with all applicable laws.

"Closing the gun show loophole." There is no "loophole." Under federal law, a firearm dealer must conduct a background check on anyone to whom he sells a gun, regardless of where the sale takes place. A person who is not a dealer may sell a gun from his personal collection without conducting a check. Gun prohibitionists claim that many criminals obtain guns from gun shows, though the most recent federal survey of convicted felons put the figure at only 0.7 percent. They also claim that non-dealers should be required to conduct checks when selling guns at shows, but the legislation they support goes far beyond imposing that lone requirement. In fact, anti-gun members of Congress voted against that limited measure, holding out for a broader bill intended to drive shows out of business.

"Making guns in this country childproof." "Childproof" is a codeword for a variety of schemes designed to prevent the sale of firearms by imposing impossible or highly expensive design requirements, such as biometric shooter-identification systems. While no one opposes keeping children safe, the fact is that accidental firearm-related deaths among children have decreased 86 percent since 1975, even as the numbers of children and guns have risen dramatically. Today, the chances of a child being killed in a firearm accident are less than one in a million.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Here's how it goes, the more control they take from you, the more power they have.

They don't have the self diciplin, their greedy. Its because they think they are the sole destributer of justice. They don't know of balance or care for indipendance.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts

Check your links again...the rat brushed his tracks...

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Check your links again...the rat brushed his tracks...
I'm sure we will see alot more of that too.

I wonder what colour collar Pelosi got for her new toy obamma? :upsidedown:

·
Registered
212 Posts
I said a along it would be him or hillary and when she stepped aside i knew we were in real trouble
now all we can do is pray we can hold out until 2010 and get the congress back inrepublican control and if we cant do that check the gunstore sales in he last 3 days
WE ARE WELL ARMED
now if we can only get together as 1 one voice with one mission
to protect our rights not just the second ammendment but the entire constitution
maybe its time to check out that local militia organization youveheard about or form 1 yourselves
remember what theyve forgotten why was the shot heard around the world fired in for
wasnt it Benjiman Franklin who said the tre of liberty must be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike ITS BEEN A LONG DRY SPELL
by the way a militia web site ive been on occasionaly for a while is suddely gone so is one of my favorite e bay stores
pray hard and keep your eyes on the weather i think we are in for one hell of a ride gunman

·
Registered
212 Posts
ps if you want to know why i refused to vote for the great massia check where i live i know where he stand no bs no majic curtian just the truth and i dont like any of it

·
Life Sucks, wear a helmet
13 Posts
And it starts. Can anyone really be surprised by a new ban coming? With the dem all over Congress and coming soon to the White house it is enviable.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts