Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I'm McJoe and I come from the Great White state of Michigan. I enjoy conventional backpacking and camping, as far and wide as time and funds allow.

I believe completely that any person should be capable of walking out his or her door bare naked and empty handed, and be able to thrive anywhere.

In this sense, survival isn't temporary to me. It is a new way of thinking, understanding, and relating to nature and to the immediate environment around me.

I also believe that what separates man from beast is as simple as the tools we craft and use... aside from that we aren't much different. As such, I believe that if I were at a dead run and had to grab one thing, it would be a good knife, as with this all manner of tool and protection can be fabricated.

So, that said, take the comforts of home, enjoy them for what they are, and accept the fact that some day a sleeping bag or a tent may be impossible to come by.

This is how I do things, survival to me begins with the failure of our current way of life. When that day comes I'm willing to accept minimalist living. Until then, I'll stick with my Katadyne and my Eagles nest Hammock :)

thanks, I'm looking forward to getting to know people on here. Interested in learning:

Coordage, both plant and animal based,

Comfort while using natural shelters and supplies

Harsh Climate Survival

Nuclear/Bio Survival

Thanks!

~McJoe:cool:

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
Welcome from Idaho

1 - 16 of 16 Posts