Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that magazines are available and cheap I have started buying 5 or 6 pmags every month. My order yesterday was for 6 non-window gen 2 pmags. I have a bunch of windowed pamgs, so I figured it was time to buy some non-windowed.

Plus, my wife wants a pink magazine. So I am going to take one of the non-windowed pmags and try to dye it pink for her.

Aluminum mags are about the same price as a non-window gen 2 pmag.

Troy battle mags are like 3X the price of a gen 2 non-window pmag, and about 2x the price of a windowed pmag.

Lancer Systems are are few dollars more than a pmag.

Command Arms are around the same price, maybe a couple of dollars more than a pmag.

ProMag is about the same price as a pmag.

For the quality and the price, is there a better buy on the market at this time than a pmag?

And is there a reason to start buying gen 3 pmags?

Next months purchase will probably be D&H, or NHMTG. Both are readily available and with magpul anti-tilt followers already installed.

My goal is to replace all of those surplus GI magazines I bought in the mid 1990s with new and improved magazines.

I am tempted to buy some Lancer or Troy battle mags, but the Troy magazines are expensive. Why would I buy a Troy battle mag when I can get 2 pmags for the same price?

·
Registered
7,153 Posts
picked up gen 2 pmags for $12 a piece at the Gun show this weekend. I bought 5, don't think that qualifies as stockpiling though.

·
Destroyer of Karen
11,279 Posts
I just got back from Cabela's in Buda picking up my .223 order. It came with 2 blackhawk alum mags in the bundle :)

·
Learning
6,704 Posts
I got lots of Troy Battlemags a few months back when they'd come up for around $10 each...AIM had some pink ones for $10 recently (or under that maybe).

I recently acquired about 10 pmags from PSA in other package deals. I probably have 40 mags of various kinds. I probably don't need a lot more than that for my AR.

I'd like a few more Glock mags and some mags for my various Ruger .22LR pistols...and a BX25 mag for the 10/22.

I put in so many backorders back in Jan, Feb timeframe that they've all come in by now and when they come in I keep getting charged...so no more buying until I pay off every new backorder charge that shows up at the door.

·
Registered
7,153 Posts
I got lots of Troy Battlemags a few months back when they'd come up for around $10 each...AIM had some pink ones for $10 recently (or under that maybe).

I recently acquired about 10 pmags from PSA in other package deals. I probably have 40 mags of various kinds. I probably don't need a lot more than that for my AR.

I'd like a few more Glock mags and some mags for my various Ruger .22LR pistols...and a BX25 mag for the 10/22.

I put in so many backorders back in Jan, Feb timeframe that they've all come in by now and when they come in I keep getting charged...so no more buying until I pay off every new backorder charge that shows up at the door.
are they charging the old panic prices or current prices ?

·
Fenced In
3,341 Posts
I have an assortment of PMag, Lancer, Troy and Tapco mags that I bought pre-panic or when they started coming back in-stock at reasonable prices. The only ones I feel that I got "burned" on were some Troys that came in a three-pack for $45 or so. Bought plenty of surplus Thermolds (US, not Canadian "Thermelts") for range use about a year back, and they're holding up fine, so I'm not really using most of what I have. I did decide to buy a few more aluminum and steel mags when they came back at $10, mostly for keeping a few loaded in the safe.

·
You ARE what you IS!
5,210 Posts
Now that magazines are available and cheap I have started buying 5 or 6 pmags every month. My order yesterday was for 6 non-window gen 2 pmags. I have a bunch of windowed pamgs, so I figured it was time to buy some non-windowed.

Plus, my wife wants a pink magazine. So I am going to take one of the non-windowed pmags and try to dye it pink for her.

Aluminum mags are about the same price as a non-window gen 2 pmag.

Troy battle mags are like 3X the price of a gen 2 non-window pmag, and about 2x the price of a windowed pmag.

Lancer Systems are are few dollars more than a pmag.

Command Arms are around the same price, maybe a couple of dollars more than a pmag.

ProMag is about the same price as a pmag.

For the quality and the price, is there a better buy on the market at this time than a pmag?

And is there a reason to start buying gen 3 pmags?

Next months purchase will probably be D&H, or NHMTG. Both are readily available and with magpul anti-tilt followers already installed.

My goal is to replace all of those surplus GI magazines I bought in the mid 1990s with new and improved magazines.

I am tempted to buy some Lancer or Troy battle mags, but the Troy magazines are expensive. Why would I buy a Troy battle mag when I can get 2 pmags for the same price?

Magpul....accept no substitute.:thumb::cool:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Not able to "stock-pile" mags here in Colorado. The dhimmicrat-
majority state legislature and governor passed and signed laws which outlaw the sale or giving of any magazine over 15 rounds. 30-rounders arent available for love nor money now.
Those of you in Free States take note- a vote for a dhimmicrat is a vote for outlawry and confiscation. "When mags are outlawed, only outlaws will have mags".
Two state legislators were recalled over this but any chance at repeal at this time is slim to none. The silver lining of this may be a larger gun-owner turn-out at the next election, enough to change the political complexion of the state government.

·
Romans 3:23
260 Posts
Are the Troy and Lancers supposed to be superior to the Pmags? I typically just buy Pmags because they can't be beat in terms of both quality and price.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I had to buy everything I wanted prior to July 1st. Now all I can legally get are 15 round or smaller ones, which precludes most of the ones being discussed here.

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
67,524 Posts
I'm not buying any for myself. I had plenty going into this. And I'm stuck with boxes of mags that I bought at the beginning of the rush hoping to capitalize on the buying frenzy. Yet another miscall on my part. So I'm magazine heavy for now.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts