Do you smell that?
4,591 Posts
Nice shootin, for a Brit:D:.

Some good soldiers there.

Reactions: junglecrawler

·
Do you smell that?
4,591 Posts
Its got to be the turn of a US Army Ranger to get the competition going again, C'mon Cousins lets see you shoot :D:
Army? How foul. Their motto is If you cant be one of the best be one of the rest!

Semper Fi

·
Registered
357 Posts
That's great shooting. It seems impossible, doesn't it. Technology and a very steady hand, I guess.

What is distressing are some of the comments by Britishers. Some of them seem to think that killing the enemy is a crime, or at least something to be ashamed of.

·
"Not vengence Punishment"
1,280 Posts
Sure distance is good, but what about the Navy Seal who took out 3 Somalia pirates on the open sea, in a rescue dingy, holding a Mersk captain hostage? No easy feat.
That was 3 seal's taking them out simultaneously and they were no more than 50 yard out. They train to fire when the hear the "r" of "fire". That way only one shot is heard.

·
Geronimo!
4,053 Posts
Its getting better out Afghanistan way first a US soldier set a new record for bagging a taliban, followed by a super duper Canadian sniper who set a new record that lasted a couple of years. Now followed by this British Riflemans Brace of Taliban took at a record distance.
Keep up the good work chaps :D:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-record-1-54-mile-double-Taliban-kill.html

I've always thought the shot the Canadian made was a lucky one ... I've read the account by both his spotter and he plus saw the account on the history channel special - but these shots by the Brit seems like a legit skill kills and they'll stand for awhile I would imagine. Although, we'll see a two mile kill if we stay in Afghanistan long enough with it as target rich as it is, high altitude and a lot of shooting down angles in dry weather. It's just a matter of time before someone lobs one in on somebody in perfect weather on a perfect day.

the shot the American made was the best of all ... in hazy weather, a moving target moving vertically between floors and through a window in the stair tower ... I'm still amazed at that shot. And he was under fire at the time ... made it a whole different ball game.

·
Lemming herder!
1,189 Posts
Hey, I appreciate long range shooting extremes as much as anyone on these boards, .... but how about instead of musing/gloating over the long-range deaths of Afghani kids by your own kids you start mulling over the prospect of getting your own kids home and taking stock of the deteriorating situations in your own countries.

If you honestly thought everything was peachy back home and that your gov' hasn't been subverted by bankers and military industrialists then I venture you wouldn't be members of a board such as this.

The manner in which alot of you seem to let Fox news dictate whos a "freedom fighter" and who is a "terrorist/insurgent" is pretty disturbing.
MIAC report on Ron Paul supporters and Tea party supporters anyone ?

Frankly if you really think the Taliban are "harming your way of life" then you really need to start thinking.
Who do you really think your kids are guarding opium crops for ?

I'm honestly not trying to troll here, and I'm certainly not justifying religious extremist stance of groups like the taliban, ... I'd just like you guys to mull things over a bit more seriously before you jump on the mainstream media bandwagon and start celebrating the deaths of other human beings who basically have no way of harming you, yours and your fellow country folk in your own country and if they do bear you ill-will its nothing to do with "hating your freedom" and everything to do with political blowback from decades of U.S. gov foreign policy and CIA interference and meddling in their affairs.

If the Taliban are a menace to Afghanistan then the boys and girls in Afghanistan need to collectively grow a pair and sort it out themselves.
Same would have gone for Saddam Hussein (that the US put in power in the first place) - that was up to Iraqi boys and girls to "grow some" and topple that regime for the betterment of their nation, not up to some oil-sniffing, self-appointed "global cop".

Now, ... who's to say these sharpshooters you are celebrating aren't going to be wearing blue helmets sometime soon and coming to a city near you ?

Think about it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.