Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
This is being discussed on the aussiesurvival forum for the last couple of days.
Their opinion is there's no worry, if the thing runs away from them.
It will create a "black hole" where the earth used to be. We wouldn'tfeel a thing or see it coming.
Guess there's nothing to prep for, just a quick learning experience "is there life after death ?)...............Alaskan......

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
What are you freaked out about? I presume you mean the idea that the earth will disappear when they turn the LHC on.

Personally I'm quite looking forward to what might be found out. What theories are advanced and which ones might be disproved (at at least need to be revisited).

I doubt very much that the thousands of scientists involved really want to commit suicide or kill their own families.

Cheers,
Per.

·
I'll fix it
2,548 Posts
Don't worry, It's all good. I've been following the development on the the CERN site.
http://public.web.cern.ch/public/
I love high tech science like this. I wish I were a brilliant scientist but, I am just a lowly service tech. :(
This is like Star Trek stuff, cutting edge physics.

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
hmm let me see chance of creating a black hole "singularities" check
opening another door to possible extra dimensions check
sentaince cantaining the phrase "where did all that anti-matter go?" check
particle named after god check
machine named Super-smasher check

ok and i thought i should be worried about the Russian ship visiting Venezuela for war games, fannie and freddie collapsing and russia giving full on addd to iran for building its nuke department and training there scientists.

so does anybody know of a top notch NBC shelter that protects against anti-matter, quantum singularities and dark matter. wheres Spock when you need him!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
497 Posts
hmm let me see chance of creating a black hole "singularities" check
opening another door to possible extra dimensions check
sentaince cantaining the phrase "where did all that anti-matter go?" check
particle named after god check
machine named Super-smasher check

ok and i thought i should be worried about the Russian ship visiting Venezuela for war games, fannie and freddie collapsing and russia giving full on addd to iran for building its nuke department and training there scientists.

so does anybody know of a top notch NBC shelter that protects against anti-matter, quantum singularities and dark matter. wheres Spock when you need him!!!!!!!!!!
Yep we are dead when that thing gets to full power.

·
Registered
497 Posts
What are you freaked out about? I presume you mean the idea that the earth will disappear when they turn the LHC on.

Personally I'm quite looking forward to what might be found out. What theories are advanced and which ones might be disproved (at at least need to be revisited).

I doubt very much that the thousands of scientists involved really want to commit suicide or kill their own families.

Cheers,
Per.
Don't forget Marie Curie did not want to die from cancer caused by radiation either.

DDT was suppose to save us all

Doctors (Highly trained scientists) use to argue about which was the best smoke.

Some time science isn't always right.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Yup, been reading up on that for the past year, so it doesnt come as any surprise.

Almost wish the s would hit the fan so I could get out of the chemistry class im taking.

Who cares anyway? If this doesnt blow us away there is always 2012, and after that there is a meteor due to cut it close a few more years down the line.

·
Unlocked and loaded
1,161 Posts
Oh YA,

You mean if it go's boom we get suck into a black hole? by by now.
Much to do about nothing.:D:

Keep your senses sharp and your weapons loaded and ready.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Who cares anyway? If this doesnt blow us away there is always 2012, and after that there is a meteor due to cut it close a few more years down the line.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, me thinks,someone is into the "NIBIRU-Planet X theory".

http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa021102a.htm

http://paranormal.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://nibiru1.tripod.com/planetX.htm

This has been vehemently debunked as well. Not they they are right though.

Personally, I subcribe that there is something to it! Just what I don't really know...

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
You must not have read the article. It says Planet X will cross between the earth and the sun in 2003 and stop the earth's rotate for three days. Maybe I missed it or was on vacation but I don't remember the earth stopping for three days in 2003.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Theres another topic on this board about the same thing, and a German scientist says nothing is going to happen for about 4 years. In about four years, it will be 2012. Actually, December 21, 2012 11:11 AM Eastern Time. That's pretty much it. Be stocked up. In another article, one scientist said they were going to make a lot of black holes, but they would pass right through the Earth and be harmless if they were stable, which they wont be. Why do we mess with this stuff? Tower of Babel anyone?

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
ignore the foreign language and just watch to see some theoretical effects

·
Registered
497 Posts
This did however generate a great home schooling lesson with my daughter this afternoon. We ended up talking about Black holes White holes and how objects behave at light speed and above my DD is 8 and was concerned about the world ending do to this experiment. :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
if it works though, and they do create what happened at the big bang, wouldnt that prove that god dosent exist and the whole creationist idea is in fact not correct. heavy stuff to think about. leads us into all kinds of questions on morality and what it is to be human.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Big Bang and no God?

Nope, all they can do is try to replicate the Big Bang. They don't know what kicked off the original, and can't go backwards from the artificial Big Bang to see what caused the original.

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
My wife said the same thing last night about The Mist. We REALLY shouldn't be doing this.
Thinking like that would have us all still huddled up in caves marveling at the big scary moon.

Similar to human cloning. how about taking that 10 billion and feeding some homeless people.
:rolleyes:

How about just not taking the 10 billion from people and let them feed themselves to begin with?

·
Good Bye
1,808 Posts
No worries.... LHCB rocks!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts