Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I were at Wally World the other day and I picked up two of the Coleman dehydrated meals. Figured I’d try them. They are about a buck to a buck and a half cheaper than Mountain House.

We were at a different Wally World tonight and I see all the Mountain House on clearance. I’m guessing they are not going to be carrying Mountain House any more. So, if you like the Mountain House pouches keep an eye on Wally World you might find a deal soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Our section of MH has always been pretty meager in my Wally World...but I really don't worry about MH since my brother gets free MREs via the military.

·
Registered
151 Posts
It could be because many WalMarts have started carrying Augason Farms supplies...maybe they had to drop their MH contract, in order to do that.

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,534 Posts
Mountain House cannot keep up with demand.
It looks like they finally got the government order filled. A lot of people are reporting that MH is not as back ordered as before.

I won't buy the overpriced single meals. I'd rather buy a can and divide it among small mylar bags if I wanted single meals for camping or something. Freeze dried foods are already expensive. No sense making it more so.

·
Certified Organic Grower
4,969 Posts
If anyone has tried any Coleman meals, please give a review if possible.
Been interested in trying them, but live far from the store.

·
Prepared Firebird
3,842 Posts
The Mountain House meals are expensive, for what they are. I doubt that they have been good sellers for Walmart. WM has a long-standing policy of clearancing out the slower-selling products every Summer and replacing those brands with something else.

So, that's probably what you are seeing. Mountain House is out and Coleman is in at Walmart.

WM is very good at reading trends, like the current one in prepping. But, they won't stay with a product that doesn't move off the shelves, quickly.

·
Frozen Patriot
664 Posts
Freeze dried is way too expensive for me, I bought a dehydrator, I think it actually tastes better too not to mention a fraction of the cost.

DS

·
Registered
15 Posts
Noticed the same at my local Wally worlds. No more MH, only Colman now and I picked up a few to try them. I wish they would start selling the #10 cans I keep hearing about on here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts