Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading about and watching the little news blips about increased gun sales, I just happened to go to a local gun shop today during my lunch break. I asked the store owner if he has seen any panic buying so far and he said this is the busiest his store has been in such a long time. Questioning his availability of items, he said he wasn’t sure when he’d have another shipment of firearms coming in due to the high demand right now. “What ya’ see is what I got,” he remarked. Looking through the store I noticed practically all of the “evil rifles” were sold out, with nothing more than large vacant areas on his shelves. I did see two styles of WASRs, one with wood furniture and one with synthetic. The wood stocked AK was going for $600 and the synthetic stocked AK was going for $700! The owner said their stock of magazines is pretty good, for now, but their AR-15 magazines were their most highly sought magazine.

I was planning on waiting until the next show comes to town next month to buy some more Glock 19 magazines, but I decided not to wait until then. With all of the panic buying and the December show being ever so closer to the “Obimination” taking office, I might have a hard time locating more magazines. I already have a healthy supply in storage but a few more will never hurt. Luckily the magazine prices were $30, which is about average for my area stores, so I bought three of them to add to the pot. I may head back tomorrow with my “gunshow fund” I’ve been saving up for.

Buy what you can, when you can.

·
Minarchist (Jeffersonian)
3,306 Posts
exactly, buy what you can while you can, but just in case everyone should know at least one "secondhand dealer"

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
Glad I ordered my pile of mags for mt ar's and ak's in Nov 3rd....They should be here tomorrow...

·
Editor, Ready Magazine
587 Posts
Are you two really talking about buying stolen guns in an open forum? To all LEOs reading this site, not everyone here would consider this so please don't bust all of us.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Applications for CWP's up 47% over this time last year nationwide...
Local gunshops doing a brisk business....
They JUST had a news piece on a local chanel about this very thing...
Karma?
Peter

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
Just because someone buys a gun from another person in a face to face transaction does not automatically make it a crime.

It is completely legal to do this, in fact most of what I own was procured this way.

·
SKS gunner
193 Posts
was academy earlier today and was only in the store about 45 min. and saw 3 gun sales. also heard some guys talking about how there wasn't any .223 ammo in the store. so people aren't messing around they know whats coming.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I went to big 5 today to look at an sks. They're going for $400 dollars seems a little too much, I remember seeing them for as low as 270... anyways, the stupid clerk asked me if I was one of those paranoid people loading up, because of obama. I just laughed followed buy by a funny look, told him "thank you" and left the store. What a jerk, what an insult too.

·
Editor, Ready Magazine
587 Posts
exactly, buy what you can while you can, but just in case everyone should know at least one "secondhand dealer"
Sorry if I offended, but the use of "quotes" generally indicates that the writer or speaker is using a euphemism to cover up the original intent. When you say "Secondhand Dealer" I, and probably any LEO reading this board (and they are) jumps to the conclusion that you are talking about buying stolen or smuggled goods.

It is the perception of wrong doing that I worry about.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
anyone have a handle on how well kits are selling?

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
People are going crazy out there. that is one thing that is driving up prices right now. I have seen guys buy over $3000 in a day of ammo. If you don't have it now, good luck.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
After reading about and watching the little news blips about increased gun sales, I just happened to go to a local gun shop today during my lunch break. I asked the store owner if he has seen any panic buying so far and he said this is the busiest his store has been in such a long time. Questioning his availability of items, he said he wasn’t sure when he’d have another shipment of firearms coming in due to the high demand right now. “What ya’ see is what I got,” he remarked. Looking through the store I noticed practically all of the “evil rifles” were sold out, with nothing more than large vacant areas on his shelves. I did see two styles of WASRs, one with wood furniture and one with synthetic. The wood stocked AK was going for $600 and the synthetic stocked AK was going for $700! The owner said their stock of magazines is pretty good, for now, but their AR-15 magazines were their most highly sought magazine.

I was planning on waiting until the next show comes to town next month to buy some more Glock 19 magazines, but I decided not to wait until then. With all of the panic buying and the December show being ever so closer to the “Obimination” taking office, I might have a hard time locating more magazines. I already have a healthy supply in storage but a few more will never hurt. Luckily the magazine prices were $30, which is about average for my area stores, so I bought three of them to add to the pot. I may head back tomorrow with my “gunshow fund” I’ve been saving up for.

Buy what you can, when you can.
your in PA just like me, sounds the same for all the shops near me...We must be some bitter gun owners :p

·
Certifiable
723 Posts
Kits are a total loss too. I was looking at building a rifle for my nephew who is leaving for the USMC. Doublestar, my favorite manufacturer in Kentucy told me today that they had 50,000 lowers in stock last Wednesday and they are now 100,000 backordered and are looking at December before they are caught up. :headshake:

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Two days before the election I bought 7.62x39 wolf for $180 case at a local gunshow. Now it's $250-290 for the same ammo at the local stores.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
How many already have their firearm needs squared away...and don't feel the need to panic buy...
This IS a survivalist forum...right, well? are you prepared? or are you scrambling for things before they ban them?
I'm not asking if there are a few little doodads you'd LIKE to have, rather are you set and can sit back while others scramble and panic..where's the popcorn?
Peter

·
Banned
1,092 Posts
Well I'd love to get a .44 magnum Ruger Redhawk Revolver and a Marlin 1894 Also in .44 magnum, I need two folding stocks and a few Hi caps for the Ruger 10/22 more though. But I'm not paniced, I'll be fine with what I have if I had to.

Rifleman 336

1 - 20 of 42 Posts